Andrew Gilchrist appointed as non-executive director at PLC

Feb.09.2023
Andrew Gilchrist appointed as non-executive director at PLC
Andrew Gilchrist appointed as non-executive director of Imperial Brands, effective from March 1st, 2023.

On February 7th, Imperial Tobacco (PLC) announced that Andrew Gilchrist will join the PLC Board of Directors as a non-executive director, effective from March 1st, 2023.


Andrew previously served as the Chief Financial Officer of Renault USA until it was acquired by British American Tobacco (BAT) in 2017. He has over 20 years of operations and financial experience in the tobacco industry. At Renault, Andrew held a series of leadership positions, including Chief Information Officer, Chief Business Officer, and Business Development Director. Early in his career, he worked in marketing and planning roles at BAT.


Chair Thérèse Esperdy said, "I am pleased to welcome Andrew to the board. In addition to his combined expertise in business and finance in our industry, he also has a strong track record in business development, strategic planning, and business integration. These skills, along with our continued transformation of Imperial Brands, will further enhance the efficiency of the board.


From March 1, 2023, Andrew will also join the Audit Committee and the Personnel and Governance Committee.


Reference(s):


【1】Appointment to the Board of Directors.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

BAT CEO: to ramp up ‘next-generation’ tobacco capacity in Italy, plans €500 mln investment in Trieste plant by 2027
BAT CEO: to ramp up ‘next-generation’ tobacco capacity in Italy, plans €500 mln investment in Trieste plant by 2027
British American Tobacco (BAT) CEO Tadeu Marroco said the group will continue to invest in equipment and technology in Italy and expand capacity for next-generation tobacco products such as e-cigarettes and heated tobacco. BAT’s Trieste innovation hub is slated to receive a total investment of 500 million euros by 2027 and add 16 new production lines.
Feb.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai
German Environment Minister Backs Ban on Disposable E-Cigarettes, Citing Safety Risks
German Environment Minister Backs Ban on Disposable E-Cigarettes, Citing Safety Risks
Germany’s Environment Minister Carsten Schneider has expressed clear support for banning disposable e-cigarettes, citing safety hazards, environmental damage, and waste management risks. While the ban has not yet been finalized, Germany’s parliament has instructed the government to examine the proposal. Several European countries, including Belgium, France, and the UK, have already implemented similar bans.
Dec.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Malaysian police raids across five states: 51 held and over RM1 million in vapes seized
Malaysian police raids across five states: 51 held and over RM1 million in vapes seized
Police in Malaysia detained 51 individuals and seized over RM1 million worth of electronic cigarettes and liquid refills in a five-state operation dubbed “Op E-CIG,” conducted by the GOF Central Brigade on February 10. The report said the operation involved 30 raids across Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Melaka, Selangor and Negeri Sembilan. Authorities seized 2,263 vape units and 165.463 litres of liquid.
Feb.12 by 2FIRSTS.ai
San Francisco reaches $1 million settlement with nicotine pouch retailer Lucy Goods
San Francisco reaches $1 million settlement with nicotine pouch retailer Lucy Goods
In the United States, California, San Francisco City Attorney David Chiu announced a $1 million settlement requiring online tobacco retailer Lucy Goods, Inc. to stop shipping illegal tobacco products into San Francisco.
Jan.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Maldives Customs Report Vape Fines Reach  US$42.8 Million, Mostly from Malaysia Imports
Maldives Customs Report Vape Fines Reach US$42.8 Million, Mostly from Malaysia Imports
Maldives Customs data shows that fines related to illegal vapes have reached MVR 659 million (about US$42.8 million) since the country banned the import and use of electronic cigarettes. Authorities said most seized vapes were brought in by travellers arriving from Malaysia. The largest single case involved 10,800 vapes, resulting in a fine of MVR 108 million (about US$7.02 million).
Dec.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Australian Government launches new phase of “Give Up For Good” to help people quit smoking and vaping
Australian Government launches new phase of “Give Up For Good” to help people quit smoking and vaping
On January 19, 2026, the Australian Government launched a new phase of the “Give Up For Good” campaign, adding resources and support for Australians looking to quit smoking and vaping.
Jan.19 by 2FIRSTS.ai