Bacolod City Recalls Anti-Smoking Task Force After Pandemic Hiatus

Sep.20.2022
Bacolod City Recalls Anti-Smoking Task Force After Pandemic Hiatus
Bacolod Mayor reactivates anti-smoking task force to enforce smoking ban after COVID-19 outbreak.

Bacolod City - Mayor Alfredo Abelardo Benitez has reconvened the Bacolod Anti-Smoking Task Force (BASTF) to suspend the implementation of the city's anti-smoking ordinance, which was in effect before the outbreak of the 2019 coronavirus pandemic.


BASTF had previously convened and formed an action group to carry out the regulation, but due to the emergence of the pandemic, the operation was ultimately stopped," said the chairperson of the task force, Bennetts. The vice chairperson, lawmaker Simplicia Distrito, served as the chairperson of the task force.


A copy of administrative order number 34-22, released by the city government on Monday, states that BASTF and new members will continue to implement, strengthen, and oversee the order, while ensuring protection against interference from the tobacco industry.


It will also conduct educational and promotional activities, information dissemination plans, and capacity-building initiatives, to provide voters with information and train law enforcement officials.


As the chairman of the working group, Benitez will oversee the implementation of all anti-smoking regulations, including the regulation of e-cigarettes, and supervise the operations of the enforcement officers and action teams.


The mayor has instructed city administrators to assist in monitoring implementation and enforcement, provide regular status updates, and oversee the destruction of noncompliant cigarette products.


He also tasked city health officials with issuing formal subpoena to law enforcement personnel, assigning a hotline or any other number for reporting violations, and appointing city legal officials to assist in reviewing reports and complaints, and provide any legal aid and regulations related to the matter.


Statement:


This article compiles information from third-party sources and is intended for industry-related discussions and learning purposes only.


This article does not represent the views of 2FIRSTS and 2FIRSTS cannot confirm the authenticity or accuracy of the content. The translation of this article is only intended for industry-related exchange and research.


Due to limitations in translation abilities, the translated article may not fully reflect the original text. Please refer to the original text for accuracy.


2FIRSTS maintains complete alignment with the Chinese government on any domestic, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and foreign-related expressions and stances.


The copyright of compiled information belongs to the original media and authors. If there is any infringement, please contact us for deletion.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Russian's Stavropol court convicts four men over illegal sales of disposable vapes
Russian's Stavropol court convicts four men over illegal sales of disposable vapes
A court in Russia’s Stavropol region convicted four local residents of illegal sales of disposable vapes, with the seized products valued at more than 26 million rubles (about $338,000). The regional prosecutor’s office said the organized group operated from March 2022 to June 2023, selling disposable electronic vapes in Stavropol, Nevinnomyssk and Mikhaylovsk, while the products lacked mandatory information required by law.
Dec.31 by 2FIRSTS.ai
EVO NXT 2026 Offers Unique Insights Into A Dynamic Industry
EVO NXT 2026 Offers Unique Insights Into A Dynamic Industry
Feb.09
New York’s budget plan would apply a 75% wholesale tax to nicotine pouches, raising projected revenue
New York’s budget plan would apply a 75% wholesale tax to nicotine pouches, raising projected revenue
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul is proposing to tax ZYN nicotine pouches and other nicotine products at the same rate as cigarettes, applying a 75% wholesale tax under her proposed $260 billion state budget.
Jan.21 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Ireland’s Tobacco and Vape Retail Licensing Regime Takes Effect; BAT Says It Should Cover Nicotine Pouches
Ireland’s Tobacco and Vape Retail Licensing Regime Takes Effect; BAT Says It Should Cover Nicotine Pouches
Ireland’s retail licensing system took effect on Feb. 2, 2026, charging annual fees per point of sale and enforced by the Health Service Executive (HSE). British American Tobacco’s local unit, BAT Ireland, said excluding nicotine pouches could leave a regulatory gap.
Feb.04 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Korea’s MFDS sets 2026 plan to manage and disclose harmful constituents in tobacco products
Korea’s MFDS sets 2026 plan to manage and disclose harmful constituents in tobacco products
South Korea’s Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) said it has established its 2026 work plan to systematically manage harmful constituents in tobacco products and disclose related information under the Tobacco Harmfulness Management Act, which took effect in November 2025.
Jan.16 by 2FIRSTS.ai
JTI appoints Olesja Flores as General Manager for Global Travel Retail
JTI appoints Olesja Flores as General Manager for Global Travel Retail
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) has appointed veteran executive Olesja Flores as General Manager, Global Travel Retail. Flores, who has spent more than 25 years at JTI and most recently served as General Manager for the Swiss market, will be based in Dubai and oversee the company’s global travel retail business.
Jan.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai