FDA Rejects Over 889,000 Tobacco Applications for Noncompliance

Oct.17.2022
FDA Rejects Over 889,000 Tobacco Applications for Noncompliance
FDA rejects 889,000 tobacco product applications while accepting over 1,600, mostly for e-cigarettes and e-liquids. Warning letters sent to manufacturers and retailers.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced that it has issued more than 889,000 Refuse to Accept (RTA) letters as of October 7, to pre-market tobacco product applications (PMTAs) that do not meet acceptance criteria.


The organization also announced that the FDA has received over 1,600 applications, the majority of which are for electronic cigarettes or e-liquid products.


Although the review process is ongoing, the FDA remains vigilant in regulating the market and will continue to use our compliance and enforcement resources to curb the illegal marketing of non-tobacco nicotine products. To date, the FDA has issued more than 60 warning letters to manufacturers, including popular brands among young people such as Puff Bar," stated the FDA in a press release. "The warning letters include products that have submitted applications but have received negative actions from the agency.


The FDA has sent over 300 warning letters to retailers demanding that they cease selling synthetic nicotine e-cigarette products to minors, and has imposed civil fines on two retailers for selling e-cigarette products to minors.


So far, the FDA has not authorized any synthetic nicotine e-cigarette products. Therefore, all synthetic nicotine e-cigarette products on the market are being sold illegally and are at risk of FDA enforcement action," said the FDA. "Retailers or distributors selling or distributing unauthorized e-cigarettes are breaking the law and those engaging in such behavior will face FDA enforcement risks, such as seizures, injunctions, or civil fines.


Statement:


This article is compiled from third-party information and is intended for industry exchange and learning purposes.


This article does not represent the views of 2FIRSTS and 2FIRSTS is unable to confirm the truthfulness and accuracy of the content. The translation of this article is solely for industry exchange and research purposes.


Due to limitations in our translation abilities, the translated article may not fully represent the original text. Therefore, please refer to the original text for accurate information.


2FIRSTS maintains complete alignment with the Chinese government regarding any domestic, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and foreign-related statements and positions.


The ownership of compiled information belongs to the original media and author. If there is any infringement, please contact us for deletion.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Ukrainian Prosecutors and Economic Security Bureau Dismantle Illegal Vape Liquid Network Worth About UAH 30 Million
Ukrainian Prosecutors and Economic Security Bureau Dismantle Illegal Vape Liquid Network Worth About UAH 30 Million
Ukraine’s Office of the Prosecutor General and the Bureau of Economic Security said they uncovered an illegal production and sales scheme for e-cigarette liquids that had been operating in Ukraine since 2023.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Wins Default Entry in Case Against E-Cigarette Distributor, to Seek Permanent Injunction
FDA Wins Default Entry in Case Against E-Cigarette Distributor, to Seek Permanent Injunction
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has made procedural progress in its lawsuit against North Carolina-based e-cigarette distributor Dream Distro LLC and its owner. A federal district judge granted the government’s request for entry of default after the defendants failed to respond to the complaint within 21 days of service. The government will next seek a default judgment, including a permanent injunction.
Apr.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA and NIH Release New Wave 8 Restricted-Use PATH Study Data Files
FDA and NIH Release New Wave 8 Restricted-Use PATH Study Data Files
FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products and NIH’s National Institute on Drug Abuse announced that new Wave 8 restricted-use data files from the PATH Study are now available. The files contain data collected between January 2024 and December 2024, including questionnaire data, location characteristics data, and state identifier data.
Apr.17 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT Rothmans Upgrades neo™ Boost for glo™ HYPER Series
BAT Rothmans Upgrades neo™ Boost for glo™ HYPER Series
BAT Rothmans said on April 13 that its heated tobacco brand glo™ will launch an upgraded version of neo™ Boost, the dedicated stick for the HYPER series. The company said the refresh focuses on strengthening freshness and cooling sensations to improve the overall user experience.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Serbian Parliament Passes Trade Laws Banning Sales of E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Products to Minors
Serbian Parliament Passes Trade Laws Banning Sales of E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Products to Minors
Serbia’s parliament has adopted a package of trade laws aimed at increasing consumer protection while introducing a range of changes for merchants and online platforms. One of the most important new measures is a ban on the sale of e-cigarettes and other nicotine products to minors, tightening youth protection rules.
Apr.24 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands said it will phase out its myblu vaping business in the United States, citing prolonged FDA approval timelines for new vape products. The company said it will instead focus on modern oral nicotine products in the U.S., including the expansion of its Zone brand and new flavors. While overall next-generation product revenue continued to grow, revenue from the category in the Americas declined sharply.
May.12