BAT Opens New Tobacco Production Line in Croatia

Aug.03.2022
BAT Opens New Tobacco Production Line in Croatia
British American Tobacco invests $82 million in a tobacco production line in Croatia, creating 70 new jobs.

According to Seenews, British American Tobacco recently opened a tobacco product production line worth HRK 600 million ($82 million) at their factory in Kanfanar, Croatia.


In May 2021, British American Tobacco announced that it would begin production of heated tobacco products at its factory in Cagnes-sur-Mer. This investment has created 70 new job opportunities, with expectations for further job creation as production levels increase. BAT has reported that nearly 80% of the products produced by the new production line will be exported.


The Kanfanar factory is now entirely powered by renewable energy and all wastewater is recycled. BAT has announced plans to invest 22 million kunas in environmental, social and governance activities at its Kanfanar facility as part of its efforts to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030.


The completion of the new production line occurred last week following the opening of BAT's new logistics and distribution center in Piotrków Trybunalski, Croatia. The line will source tobacco from 26 countries and supply tobacco to Poland’s Ostrówek, Germany’s Bayreuth, and Hungary’s Pécs.


This article is compiled from third-party information and is only intended for industry exchange and learning purposes.


This article does not reflect the views of 2FIRSTS, and 2FIRSTS cannot confirm the authenticity and accuracy of the article's content. The translation of this article is only intended for industry exchange and research purposes.


Due to limitations in translation ability, the translated article may not fully reflect the original text. Please refer to the original article for accuracy.


2FIRSTS maintains complete alignment with the Chinese government regarding any domestic, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, or foreign-related statements and positions.


The copyright for compiled information belongs to the original media and authors. If there is any infringement, please contact us for deletion.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Report Says Teen e-cigarette use on the rise, with majority of sales coming from disposable products
Report Says Teen e-cigarette use on the rise, with majority of sales coming from disposable products
Monitoring a Changing Tobacco Product Market in the United States is the second annual review from the Monitoring Tobacco Product Use project, analyzing retail scanner data from January 2019 to December 2024 and TEEN+ survey data.
Jan.07 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Singapore man, 21, assisting investigations after video allegedly shows him vaping on a bus
Singapore man, 21, assisting investigations after video allegedly shows him vaping on a bus
A 21-year-old man in Singapore is assisting with investigations after a video allegedly showing him vaping inside a bus went viral on social media. The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) said via its Instagram Stories that it had identified the man and seized e-vaporisers and 12 pods from his home on Feb 3. Vape-related penalties were strengthened from Sept 1, with first-time adult users liable to a $700 fine, and third-time offenders prosecuted and fined up to $2,000.
Feb.06
Russian Region Targets Youth Vaping and Night Alcohol Sales
Russian Region Targets Youth Vaping and Night Alcohol Sales
The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod Region said efforts to curb night-time alcohol sales and the spread of e-cigarettes will continue in 2026. While illegal alcohol trade has largely been eliminated, youth vaping remains a major concern. Regional authorities are seeking federal approval to allow local governments to impose stricter restrictions on vape sales, alongside increased health education initiatives.
Dec.22 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT CEO Says 2026 Return to Growth Hinges on U.S. Enforcement, Highlights Oral Leadership
BAT CEO Says 2026 Return to Growth Hinges on U.S. Enforcement, Highlights Oral Leadership
British American Tobacco said 2026 will mark a return to its mid-term growth algorithm, but CEO Tadeu Marroco stressed that deliverywill depend heavily on enforcement against illicit vapour products in the United States. Speaking at the FY2025 results call, he positioned Modern Oral as the company’s primary structural growth engine, reframed accelerating cigarette declines through “poly-usage,” and reinforced capital discipline with an expanded share buyback plan.
Feb.12
Product | “Mini Water-Bottle” Design, Rated at 60,000 Puffs: Al Fakher Launches New Disposable in the U.S. and UAE
Product | “Mini Water-Bottle” Design, Rated at 60,000 Puffs: Al Fakher Launches New Disposable in the U.S. and UAE
E-cigarette brand Al Fakher has recently listed its disposable hookah-style device, the Al Fakher Crown Bar 60K E-Hose X, across multiple online retail channels in the United States and the United Arab Emirates. The product features a mini water-bottle-like design, is rated for up to 60,000 puffs, comes with a 50ml e-liquid reservoir and a 1,000mAh rechargeable battery, and supports dual DTL/MTL vaping modes.
Jan.28 by 2FIRSTS.ai
New Zealand’s largest vape retailer Shosha accused of using “hidden text” on its website
New Zealand’s largest vape retailer Shosha accused of using “hidden text” on its website
New Zealand vape retailer Shosha is accused of using hidden, white-on-white text on its website to promote refillable and disposable vapes. A Health Ministry spokesperson said it could not comment on individual businesses’ compliance status while matters are being assessed, and said the ministry continues to monitor digital advertising and promotional activity and will act where it considers there may be a breach.
Jan.12 by 2FIRSTS.ai