German Media WAZ Reports on Customs Inspection at InterTabac fair

Sep.23.2024
German Media WAZ Reports on Customs Inspection at InterTabac fair
German customs officials seized products at InterTabac trade show in Dortmund due to oversized e-cigarette containers, reports WAZ.

According to a recent report from the German media WAZ, customs officials in Dortmund once again conducted inspections of businesses at the InterTabac trade show at the Westfalenhallen exhibition center. So far, products from three booths have been confiscated.


On Thursday afternoon (September 19), customs officials arrived at the Westfalen Exhibition Center to inspect the products provided by merchants. They found issues at five booths and confiscated some products at three of them. The problem this time was not with untaxed goods, but with e-cigarette containers that were too large. According to the customs agency report, these devices had not been approved for the German market.


It has been reported that last year at the InterTabac tobacco trade fair in Dortmund, customs officials found untaxed goods at the booths of 14 vendors. This discovery has prompted investigators to conduct a thorough inspection again this year. During the first day of the inspection, several issues were indeed uncovered.


We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Glas Says FDA Scientific Review Backed Several Flavored Products Before Senior Leaders Blocked Them
Glas Says FDA Scientific Review Backed Several Flavored Products Before Senior Leaders Blocked Them
Glas says newly released internal FDA records show agency scientific reviewers supported authorization for several flavored G2 products before senior leadership halted them. According to documents obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request, FDA’s Office of Science first recommended marketing authorization for all eight products in December 2025 and later supported six of them in February 2026. FDA ultimately authorized only the G2 device and one tobacco-flavored pod in March.
Apr.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
New Zealand Vape Company Alt Becomes Government Partner After Suing Over Nicotine Limits
New Zealand Vape Company Alt Becomes Government Partner After Suing Over Nicotine Limits
Health NZ signed a NZD 500,000 contract with New Zealand-owned vape company Alt NZ Limited in December 2025 for its free vape kit programme for smokers, with more than 7,000 kits distributed so far.
Mar.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Thai Vape User Numbers Rose More Than 11-Fold in Three Years, Group Says Ban Should Be Reassessed
Thai Vape User Numbers Rose More Than 11-Fold in Three Years, Group Says Ban Should Be Reassessed
A network of e-cigarette users in Thailand has urged the new government to review the country’s vape ban, saying official data show that use has risen sharply despite more than a decade of prohibition.
Mar.27 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Defines Enforcement Focus for Unauthorized E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Pouches
FDA Defines Enforcement Focus for Unauthorized E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Pouches
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued guidance on May 8, 2026, titled “Enforcement Priorities for Certain New Tobacco Products Marketed Without Premarket Authorization.” The document describes FDA enforcement policies for certain electronic nicotine delivery system products and nicotine pouch products marketed without premarket authorization.
May.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Reuters Exclusive: FDA’s Fast-Track Review of Nicotine Pouches Slows Over Youth and New-User Concerns
Reuters Exclusive: FDA’s Fast-Track Review of Nicotine Pouches Slows Over Youth and New-User Concerns
Reuters reported on April 1 that several popular nicotine pouch products still have not been cleared for sale in the United States despite a fast-track review pilot run by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Three sources said FDA reviewers have taken a cautious approach because of potential risks to youth and other non-tobacco users, including the possibility of driving nicotine addiction among adults who do not already smoke.
Apr.02 by 2FIRSTS.ai
New York’s Lawsuit Against Puff Bar and Other Flavored Vape Companies Survives Key Court Challenge
New York’s Lawsuit Against Puff Bar and Other Flavored Vape Companies Survives Key Court Challenge
According to Law360, a federal judge ruled that makers and distributors of flavored vape brands such as Puff Bar cannot escape New York’s lawsuit seeking to hold them responsible for the youth vaping epidemic. The court found that the state had adequately alleged the companies misrepresented how safe vaping is.
Apr.07 by 2FIRSTS.ai