Global Health Alliance Calls for Nicotine Promotion Ban.

May.23.2022
Global health groups unite to ban KOL promotion of nicotine promotion promotio products on social media, targeting BAT's Velo among others.

An alliance consisting of over 100 global health and tobacco control organizations is urging for a ban on social media KOLs promoting nicotine products. In a letter addressed to the CEOs of Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter, the alliance of health experts is demanding a halt on the promotion of tobacco and nicotine products. A plethora of influential individuals, including DJs, models, and celebrities, have been promoting products such as Velo by British American Tobacco (BAT), while experts in reducing tobacco harm recommend only flavored nicotine pouches for quitting smoking. Influencers promoting this product include Chelsea football star Alex Minton and race car driver Archie Hamilton.

 

Many health organizations believe that BAT's only interest is to attract young people to buy new products in order to enjoy stable income. Caroline Renzulli, from the Smoke-Free Kids movement, told The Guardian that the true intention of these advertisements is very clear: to addict customers to nicotine and attract young people to try nicotine products.

 

Source: VapingPost

 

This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Portugal and Other Countries Submit Objections in Brussels Over UK Smoke-Free Generation Bill
Portugal and Other Countries Submit Objections in Brussels Over UK Smoke-Free Generation Bill
Portugal is among the countries opposing the UK Tobacco and Vapes Bill, which would ban tobacco sales to people born on or after Jan. 1, 2009. According to the report, Portugal, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Slovakia and Romania have submitted reasoned opinions and formal observations to Brussels, arguing that the bill breaches post-Brexit arrangements including the Windsor Framework.
Apr.24 by 2FIRSTS.ai
2Firsts Hosts UK Vape Duty Stamp Compliance Exchange in Shenzhen
2Firsts Hosts UK Vape Duty Stamp Compliance Exchange in Shenzhen
2Firsts held a UK vape duty stamp compliance exchange in Shenzhen on May 14, bringing together representatives from nearly 20 companies. The session addressed Vaping Products Duty, duty stamp applications, UK agency qualifications and warehousing, while introducing 2Firsts Compliance Solutions’ UK service.
Events
May.17
Delaware Tax Proposal Targets Vapes, Nicotine Pouches and Other Tobacco Products
Delaware Tax Proposal Targets Vapes, Nicotine Pouches and Other Tobacco Products
Delaware’s latest tobacco tax increase bill cleared its first House committee hurdle on April 22. Backed by House Speaker Melissa Minor-Brown, the bill would raise the cigarette tax from $2.10 to $3.60 per pack and increase taxes on moist snuff, vapor products and other tobacco products.
Apr.24 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philippine Anti-Smoking Groups Urge DTI Action Over Alleged Vape Law Violations by ZYN and IQOS
Philippine Anti-Smoking Groups Urge DTI Action Over Alleged Vape Law Violations by ZYN and IQOS
Several anti-smoking and health advocacy groups in the Philippines urged the Department of Trade and Industry to take action against tobacco companies accused of violating the Vape Regulation Act of 2022. The groups said three consecutive complaints had been filed involving nicotine pouch brand ZYN and heated tobacco product company IQOS Philippines.
Apr.27 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Acting CTP Director Says FDA Cut Premarket Tobacco Application Backlog by About 70% Over the Past Year
Acting CTP Director Says FDA Cut Premarket Tobacco Application Backlog by About 70% Over the Past Year
FDA Center for Tobacco Products Acting Director Bret Koplow said at the American Tobacco and Nicotine Forum that the agency has reduced its premarket tobacco application backlog by about 70% over the past year and eliminated the acceptance queue. He said FDA has reviewed about 27 million applications, but only a small number have been authorized, mainly because most submissions lacked the scientific data needed to demonstrate public health benefits.
Apr.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT France Confirms Full Compliance as France Implements Nicotine Pouch Ban on April 1from April 2026
BAT France Confirms Full Compliance as France Implements Nicotine Pouch Ban on April 1from April 2026
BAT France said that, under the decree of September 5, 2025 that entered into force on April 1, 2026, it has stopped commercialising its nicotine pouch products in France from that date.
Apr.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai