Meeting between STMA and British American Tobacco Group Members

News by Oriental Tobacco News
May.16.2024
Meeting between STMA and British American Tobacco Group Members
State Tobacco Monopoly Administration's deputy chief Wang Gongcheng met with British American Tobacco representatives in Beijing on May 16.

On May 16, Wang Gongcheng, a member of the Party Group and Deputy Director of the State Tobacco Monopoly Administration, met with members of the Management Committee of the British American Tobacco Group who were visiting from the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa regions. The two sides held friendly discussions during the meeting in Beijing.

 

Officials from the National Bureau of Foreign Affairs, the Development Planning Department, the E-Cigarette Management Office, China Tobacco Sales Corporation, and China Tobacco International Limited attended the meeting.

 

 

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Canada Studies UK-Style “Smoke-Free Generation” Tobacco Ban
Canada Studies UK-Style “Smoke-Free Generation” Tobacco Ban
Canada’s federal health minister, Majorie Michel, said she is looking into legislation that would permanently ban the sale of tobacco products to anyone born after 2008. She said Canada has seen the approach recently proposed in the United Kingdom and is reviewing it with partners. Health Canada previously said the Government of Canada has invested C$66 million annually since 2018 to help Canadians quit smoking and reduce the harms of nicotine addiction.
Apr.29 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Adds 18 Tobacco Harmful Constituents and Seeks Comment on 3 More
FDA Adds 18 Tobacco Harmful Constituents and Seeks Comment on 3 More
U.S. Food and Drug Administration published a Federal Register notice finalizing the addition of 18 constituents to the established list of Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents in tobacco products. With the update, the list now contains 111 constituents. FDA also proposed adding three more constituents to the list and opened a public comment period ending at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 26, 2026.
Apr.24 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Moscow Police Seize About 65,000 E-Cigarettes Worth More Than RUB 30 Million
Moscow Police Seize About 65,000 E-Cigarettes Worth More Than RUB 30 Million
Russian Interior Ministry spokesperson Irina Volk said on May 6 that police in Moscow seized about 65,000 nicotine-containing products from a man during searches of residential and warehouse premises. The products were valued at about RUB 30 million, or about USD 395,727 based on an exchange rate of USD 1 = RUB 75.81.
May.11 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Belgian Health Minister Calls Tobacco Industry “Criminal” After Court Undermines Supermarket Sales Ban
Belgian Health Minister Calls Tobacco Industry “Criminal” After Court Undermines Supermarket Sales Ban
Belgian Health Minister Frank Vandenbroucke described the tobacco industry as a “criminal” sector with “no future” during an appearance on VRT’s current affairs program Ter Zake. His comments came after Belgium’s Constitutional Court ruled that a government ban on cigarette and vape sales in supermarkets was discriminatory because it allowed small shops to sell tobacco products while prohibiting larger retailers from doing so.
May.07 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Imperial Brands to Close Langenhagen Cigarette Factory by 2027
Imperial Brands to Close Langenhagen Cigarette Factory by 2027
Imperial Brands said it will gradually close the Reemtsma factory in Langenhagen near Hanover by 2027 after efforts to find a buyer failed to produce a sustainable agreement. The factory has produced cigarettes since 1971 and currently affects around 600 employees. The company said it had examined all realistic options over recent months but did not receive a binding offer from a potential buyer.
Mar.27 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Jeju Health Center to Apply Conventional Tobacco Rules to Liquid E-Cigarettes From April 24
Jeju Health Center to Apply Conventional Tobacco Rules to Liquid E-Cigarettes From April 24
Jeju Health Center said it will apply the same regulations used for conventional tobacco products to all tobacco products, including liquid e-cigarettes, from April 24, while also strengthening public guidance and smoke-free zone management.
Apr.21 by 2FIRSTS.ai