New Regulation Prohibiting E-cig Sales to Underage Effect Before Christmas in Ireland

Regulations by 2FIRSTS.ai
Dec.18.2023
New Regulation Prohibiting E-cig Sales to Underage Effect Before Christmas in Ireland
New law banning the sale of e-cigarettes to under 18s in Ireland set to take effect before Christmas, says Health Minister.

According to a report on FM104 news website, the Irish Minister of Health has confirmed that regulations prohibiting the sale of e-cigarettes to individuals under the age of 18 will come into effect before Christmas.

 

British American Tobacco (BAT) Ireland has called for stricter regulation of e-cigarettes with candy, dessert, and soft drink flavors. The company believes that this will make the e-cigarette industry more responsible.

 

In November last year, lawmakers voted in favor of banning the sale of e-cigarette products to minors. This legislation was subsequently approved by the Senate and signed into law by President Michael D. Higgin. Currently, this law is awaiting the orders to commence enforcement.

 

In an interview, Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly stated that these regulations are "of great importance" and will be implemented "soon".

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Latvian Parliament Gives Initial Support to E-Cigarette Deposit Scheme Amendments
Latvian Parliament Gives Initial Support to E-Cigarette Deposit Scheme Amendments
On April 1, Latvia’s parliament gave conceptual support to amendments to the Waste Management Law that would introduce a deposit system for e-cigarettes in order to reduce pollution and environmental harm caused by these products.
Apr.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai
More Than 500 Stores in Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod Region Voluntarily Stop Selling Vapes
More Than 500 Stores in Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod Region Voluntarily Stop Selling Vapes
According to the Nizhny Novgorod regional government, 550 stores in the region have voluntarily removed vapes and e-liquids from their product assortments. Regional officials said a public offer encouraging businesses to self-restrict vape sales has been in place since September 2025, and that a large retail chain with more than 40 outlets in Nizhny Novgorod joined the initiative. The regional government also said a federal ban on vape sales is expected in the near future.
Apr.15 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands said it will phase out its myblu vaping business in the United States, citing prolonged FDA approval timelines for new vape products. The company said it will instead focus on modern oral nicotine products in the U.S., including the expansion of its Zone brand and new flavors. While overall next-generation product revenue continued to grow, revenue from the category in the Americas declined sharply.
May.12
FDA Expands ENDS Market Access With First Authorization of Non-Tobacco and Non-Menthol Products
FDA Expands ENDS Market Access With First Authorization of Non-Tobacco and Non-Menthol Products
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced on May 5, 2026 that it authorized the marketing of four Glas electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) products through the premarket tobacco product application (PMTA) pathway. The authorized products are Classic Menthol, Fresh Menthol, Gold and Sapphire pods, each containing 50mg/ml, or 5%, tobacco-derived nicotine.
May.06 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Why Many E-Liquids Today Are "Not Bad, but Not Memorable" – Mylor’s Approach to Experience Design
Why Many E-Liquids Today Are "Not Bad, but Not Memorable" – Mylor’s Approach to Experience Design
From May 8 to 10, 2026, Mylor (Booth E70) will exhibit at The Vaper Expo UK, where it will showcase its systematic experience design solutions for e-liquids. At present, the e-liquid market commonly faces a challenge: many products have “no obvious shortcomings, but lack memorable features.” In response, Mylor has proposed refined solutions across multiple dimensions, including device-adaptive sweetness, progressive cooling sensation, fruit-oriented sourness, and segmented nicotine experience.
May.08
PMI Sells Stake in Swedish Match Brazil Business, Including Fiat Lux Brand
PMI Sells Stake in Swedish Match Brazil Business, Including Fiat Lux Brand
Philip Morris International said it is selling its stake in Swedish Match do Brasil, which controls the Brazilian household goods brand Fiat Lux. The buyer is Ignis FIP, a Brazilian private investment vehicle backed by businessman Marcos Fernando Garms. The transaction also includes Swedish Match da Amazônia, but the value of the deal was not disclosed. PMI said the sale is aligned with its vision of a smoke-free future.
Mar.20 by 2FIRSTS.ai