New Zealand Study Confirms E-cigarettes Help Quit Smoking

New Zealand Study Confirms E-cigarettes Help Quit Smoking
E-cigarettes are a valuable tool for helping smokers quit tobacco addiction, confirmed by a study in New Zealand.

A study in New Zealand has once again confirmed how electronic cigarettes can be a valuable tool in helping smokers quit their tobacco addiction.

The findings of a study titled "Evaluation of the New Zealand E-Cigarette Quit Smoking Programme" have been published in the New Zealand Medical Journal and have a strong empirical focus. The study evaluates the Te-Hā-Waitaha Quit Smoking Support Service in rural areas of the Pacific Islands and Canterbury region. This program is one of many initiatives by New Zealand to encourage smokers, particularly among Maori and other minority groups who have higher smoking rates.

The study was conducted by a group of researchers from the University of Otago and the Canterbury District Health Board, with coordination by Kelly Burrows of the University of Auckland. The authors stated that their aim was to "compare the use of smoking cessation aids among different ethnicities and age groups in a large New Zealand cohort, and evaluate the adoption and effectiveness of e-cigarettes in smoking cessation as part of a vaping cessation initiative.

We have arrived at results. The analyzed data consists of 1,118 participants categorized as follows: 66.6% were of European descent, 28.1% were Maori, 3.1% were Pacific Islanders, and 2.2% were of Asian descent. Maori participants had a lower average age and were increasingly using e-cigarettes, though they were not alone in this trend. Overall, the author reports that the use of nicotine-containing e-cigarettes has increased over time across all groups, becoming the most common smoking cessation aid with over 65% of individuals in each group having tried the product. The "Vape to quit" program saw promising results, with 16% of participants having quit smoking and vaping and 31% having stopped smoking and using e-cigarettes. As a result, a total of 47% of participants had successfully quit smoking altogether.

Therefore, according to this study, the evaluation of the initiative is very positive. The Te Hā-Waitaha service agency managed to get Maori people involved in its smoking cessation program. Nicotine-containing e-cigarettes were popular among all participant groups, and the data is showing their potential as a part of smoking cessation programs to achieve New Zealand's goal of being smoke-free by 2025.

Statement: 1. The contents of this article are compiled from third-party information and are only intended for industry-related communication and learning. 2. This article does not represent the views of 2FIRSTS, and 2FIRSTS cannot confirm the truthfulness and accuracy of the content. The compilation of this article is only for industry-related communication and research. 3. Due to limitations in our translation ability, there may be differences in expression between the translated article and the original text. Please refer to the original text for accuracy. 4. 2FIRSTS fully aligns with the Chinese government on any domestic, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, or foreign issues and positions. 5. Copyright of the compiled information belongs to the original media and authors. Please contact us to remove any infringements.

This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.