Perm Region Bans Sale and Advertisement of Nicotine Products

Regulations by 2FIRSTS.ai
Nov.30.2023
Perm Region Bans Sale and Advertisement of Nicotine Products
Perm Region in Russia has passed a law banning the sale of e-cigarettes, hookahs, and nicotine-containing products in commercial venues.

According to URA.RU, the legislative body of the Perm Region in Russia has recently passed a law banning the sale of e-cigarettes, hookahs, and nicotine-containing products in commercial exhibition halls within the region.

 

Additionally, the law also imposes restrictions on the advertisement of these products. The bill was initially proposed and submitted to the parliament by District Chief Dmitry Mahonin.

 

The bill explicitly prohibits the sale of tobacco or nicotine-containing products, hookahs, and e-cigarettes in exhibition halls within the Perm Krai region. Additionally, the legislation also stipulates that the region cannot promote the sale of these products through signs and architectural lighting.

 

The bill is set to come into effect on March 1, 2024. However, residents in areas without any retail establishments will be exempt from this regulation.

 

Violating regulations will result in the confiscation of all assets, including nicotine-containing products and commercial showcases. In addition, advertising billboards and the installation of lighting equipment to promote the sale of these products will also be subjected to presumed fines, with a maximum amount of up to 50,000 rubles.

 

Previously, Mayor Mahonin highlighted concerns about the sale of e-cigarettes in densely populated areas such as school routes, residential areas, and shopping centers. The unregulated sale of tobacco often poses a threat to the health of children.

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

BAT says a U.S. import block on some disposable vapes could cut illegal sales by about a third
BAT says a U.S. import block on some disposable vapes could cut illegal sales by about a third
Reuters reported that British American Tobacco (BAT) CEO Tadeu Marroco said a potential U.S. move to block imports of some disposable vapes could reduce the market for unregulated e-cigarettes by as much as a third, though any impact is unlikely before 2027.
Feb.13 by 2FIRSTS.ai
South Korean Court Strikes Down Health Levy on Vape Nicotine Liquids, Citing Disproportionate Penalties
South Korean Court Strikes Down Health Levy on Vape Nicotine Liquids, Citing Disproportionate Penalties
A Seoul court has annulled South Korea’s health-levy assessments imposed on multiple importers of nicotine liquids used for vaping. While the court agreed the nicotine could be treated as “tobacco” because it was found to be leaf-derived, it ruled the levy—stacked with other taxes and calculated on a blunt, volume-only basis—was so severe it effectively deprived businesses of the ability to operate, breaching constitutional proportionality and equality standards.
Jan.26 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Former Malaysian Health Minister Allegedly Rejected RM50 Million Bribe Over GEG
Former Malaysian Health Minister Allegedly Rejected RM50 Million Bribe Over GEG
A former political aide has alleged that a RM50 million bribe was offered to Malaysia’s then health minister to abandon the tobacco generational end game (GEG) policy. The claim was published in an opinion article and on social media. No report was made to anti-corruption authorities. Despite the alleged rejection, the GEG provision was later removed from the tobacco bill tabled in Parliament in 2023.
Dec.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Product | Compatible with 3ml/2ml Pods and Up to 45W Output: RELX Launches a New Open-System E-Cigarette on Its Indonesia Website
Product | Compatible with 3ml/2ml Pods and Up to 45W Output: RELX Launches a New Open-System E-Cigarette on Its Indonesia Website
RELX has launched the open-system RELX Prime Pro on its Indonesia website and has also rolled it out across multiple local e-commerce channels. According to publicly available product pages, the device is rated at up to 45W, features a 1350mAh battery, and is compatible with 3ml and 2ml pod capacities.
Dec.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai
EVO NXT 2026 Offers Unique Insights Into A Dynamic Industry
EVO NXT 2026 Offers Unique Insights Into A Dynamic Industry
Feb.09
Russian's Stavropol court convicts four men over illegal sales of disposable vapes
Russian's Stavropol court convicts four men over illegal sales of disposable vapes
A court in Russia’s Stavropol region convicted four local residents of illegal sales of disposable vapes, with the seized products valued at more than 26 million rubles (about $338,000). The regional prosecutor’s office said the organized group operated from March 2022 to June 2023, selling disposable electronic vapes in Stavropol, Nevinnomyssk and Mikhaylovsk, while the products lacked mandatory information required by law.
Dec.31 by 2FIRSTS.ai