Stricter Regulations for Florida Hookah Lounges to Push Forward

Dec.22.2022
Stricter Regulations for Florida Hookah Lounges to Push Forward
Florida city pushes for stricter regulations on Hookah lounges amid concerns over late-night disturbances and violence.

A law that will impose stricter regulations on hookah lounges in Daytona Beach, Florida is set to move forward.


On Wednesday night, city government commissioners heard a first reading and will vote on the ordinance in January.


The police stated that hookah lounges should close at 2 a.m. like traditional bars, as sometimes crowds linger in the area after closing time, which can lead to issues both inside and outside the premises.


Unfortunately, they are sites of annoyance or activities that are considered unpleasant," Mayor Derrick Henry said.


Henry stated that leaders have been diligently working to improve the city's image. The restriction of bar and nightclub closing times in June was a start, but people have continued to stay in the area after work hours, mainly hanging out in shisha lounges and loitering around the vicinity.


On November 27th, a man was shot and killed on Wild Olive Avenue near Seawind Drive after leaving a hookah bar.


Without a doubt, their actions last year indicate that they're contributing to Seabreeze's negative image," said Henry.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

FDA Filing Shows RIF Notices for 229 CTP Employees Were Largely Rescinded
FDA Filing Shows RIF Notices for 229 CTP Employees Were Largely Rescinded
A court declaration signed by FDA official Melanie M. Keller on March 24, 2026 detailed the status of previously issued reduction-in-force notices affecting employees at the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP).
Apr.01 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philippines Draft Order Would Bring Nicotine Pouches Under PS Licensing Scheme
Philippines Draft Order Would Bring Nicotine Pouches Under PS Licensing Scheme
The Philippine Department of Trade and Industry is planning to impose mandatory product certification on nicotine pouches in an effort to curb illicit nicotine product trade.
Apr.13 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philippine Anti-Smoking Groups Urge DTI Action Over Alleged Vape Law Violations by ZYN and IQOS
Philippine Anti-Smoking Groups Urge DTI Action Over Alleged Vape Law Violations by ZYN and IQOS
Several anti-smoking and health advocacy groups in the Philippines urged the Department of Trade and Industry to take action against tobacco companies accused of violating the Vape Regulation Act of 2022. The groups said three consecutive complaints had been filed involving nicotine pouch brand ZYN and heated tobacco product company IQOS Philippines.
Apr.27 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Serbian Parliament Passes Trade Laws Banning Sales of E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Products to Minors
Serbian Parliament Passes Trade Laws Banning Sales of E-Cigarettes and Nicotine Products to Minors
Serbia’s parliament has adopted a package of trade laws aimed at increasing consumer protection while introducing a range of changes for merchants and online platforms. One of the most important new measures is a ban on the sale of e-cigarettes and other nicotine products to minors, tightening youth protection rules.
Apr.24 by 2FIRSTS.ai
New Mexico Attorney General Files Lawsuit Over Sales of Flavored Disposable E-Cigarettes
New Mexico Attorney General Files Lawsuit Over Sales of Flavored Disposable E-Cigarettes
The New Mexico Department of Justice announced that it has filed a lawsuit against major convenience store chains and distributors, alleging that they sold flavored disposable e-cigarettes and contributed to youth nicotine addiction across the state.
Apr.01 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Acting CTP Director Says FDA Cut Premarket Tobacco Application Backlog by About 70% Over the Past Year
Acting CTP Director Says FDA Cut Premarket Tobacco Application Backlog by About 70% Over the Past Year
FDA Center for Tobacco Products Acting Director Bret Koplow said at the American Tobacco and Nicotine Forum that the agency has reduced its premarket tobacco application backlog by about 70% over the past year and eliminated the acceptance queue. He said FDA has reviewed about 27 million applications, but only a small number have been authorized, mainly because most submissions lacked the scientific data needed to demonstrate public health benefits.
Apr.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai