Study: Major Drop in Vaping by Under-20s During 2020

Market
Jul.25.2022

Use of e-cigarettes vaping devices dropped during the first year of the Covid-19 pandemic, according to a new study.

Study: Major Drop in Vaping by Under-20s During 2020

Researchers from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, found that usage of vaping products dropped seven percent overall from 2018 to 2020 – including a 17 percent drop among people aged 18 to 20.

 

Researchers published their findings Friday on the JAMA Network Open after gathering data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention’s Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System for the study, according to media reports.

 

The survey included a total of 994,307 respondents. In 2017, the CDC reported 4.4 percent of U.S. adults reported use of an e-cigarette. The figure climbed 25 percent to 5.5 percent in 2018.

 

‘This increase, primarily observed in younger age groups, was associated with the concurrent rise in the availability of flavored products and high nicotine–concentration pod mod devices (modular vaping devices with refillable or replaceable nicotine cartridges, or pods, such as JUUL brand devices),’ the researcher’s wrote in the study.

 

Data from 2019 was not gathered. In 2020, overall usage of e-cigarettes fell to 5.1 percent, a seven percent drop from two years earlier. The most dramatic shift was seen among people aged 18 to 20 years old – the youngest group included in the study.

 

The content excerpted or reproduced in this article comes from a third-party, and the copyright belongs to the original media and author. If any infringement is found, please contact us to delete it. Any entity or individual wishing to forward the information, please contact the author and refrain from forwarding directly from here.

EVO NXT: two days, four zones, countless opportunities
EVO NXT: two days, four zones, countless opportunities
Mar.30
Al Fakher Parent AIR Advances U.S. Listing Plan, With Deal Expected in First Half of 2026
Al Fakher Parent AIR Advances U.S. Listing Plan, With Deal Expected in First Half of 2026
AIR Limited and Cantor Equity Partners III, Inc. announced that AIR and AIR Holdings Limited have filed a Form F-4 registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in connection with their previously announced proposed business combination. Upon closing, the combined company, AIR Global PLC, is expected to be listed on Nasdaq in the United States under the ticker symbol “AIIR.”
Mar.31 by 2FIRSTS.ai
New Mexico Attorney General Files Lawsuit Over Sales of Flavored Disposable E-Cigarettes
New Mexico Attorney General Files Lawsuit Over Sales of Flavored Disposable E-Cigarettes
The New Mexico Department of Justice announced that it has filed a lawsuit against major convenience store chains and distributors, alleging that they sold flavored disposable e-cigarettes and contributed to youth nicotine addiction across the state.
Apr.01 by 2FIRSTS.ai
NACS Urges USTR to Address Illegal E-Cigarette Exports in China Trade Engagements
NACS Urges USTR to Address Illegal E-Cigarette Exports in China Trade Engagements
NACS submitted a comment letter to USTR in a proceeding examining unfair trade practices worldwide. The letter focuses on illicit nicotine products made in China and shipped to the United States in violation of U.S. law. NACS said the U.S. electronic nicotine delivery systems market has become dominated by illicit products, mainly disposable e-cigarettes manufactured in China and sold without the marketing authorization required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Apr.16 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris said that after investing USD 5.00 million last year to promote its ZYN nicotine pouch brand in Ukraine, it plans to invest another USD 10.00 million this year to develop the nicotine pouch category and launch a new ZYN line.
Apr.08 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Trump Reportedly Signs Off on Plan to Fire FDA Commissioner Marty Makary
Trump Reportedly Signs Off on Plan to Fire FDA Commissioner Marty Makary
According to The Wall Street Journal, people familiar with the matter said President Trump has signed off on a plan to fire FDA Commissioner Marty Makary, though the plan is not yet final and could change. The report said Makary’s tenure has included clashes over vaping, abortion and drug policy, and that some senior administration officials view him as struggling to manage the agency.
May.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai