Apartment Building in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean on Fire

Aug.14.2022
Apartment Building in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean on Fire
Fire at Molenbeek-Saint-Jean apartment building extinguished by well-equipped firefighters. Injuries reported. Smoking caution advised.

On Saturday afternoon at around 2:40 pm, a flat roof of an apartment building on Quai de l'Industrie in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean caught fire. Before the firefighters arrived, the police of west Brussels evacuated the residents. One resident in their 40s used a fire hose provided in the building to try to put out the fire. Walter Derieuw, the spokesperson for the Brussels Fire Department, stated at the end of the day that he injured his ankle while jumping on the roof and had to be taken to the hospital.


One side of the building is two to three stories high, while the other side is six stories high. The fire spread to the exterior walls and the insulation layer at the highest part of the building.


Firefighters took over from the residents who were trying to put out the fire. The blaze was extinguished using equipment provided in the building for this purpose, with particularly advanced fire prevention measures in place. The firefighters dismantled the affected flat roof and facade to prevent the flames from spreading.


At the same time, all residents were able to return to their apartments.


A spokesperson for the Brussels fire department has issued a warning to smokers not to discard their cigarette butts, particularly during periods of hot weather when vegetation is particularly dry.


Statement:


This article is compiled from third-party information and is intended only for industry discussion and education.


This article does not represent the views of 2FIRSTS and we are unable to confirm the authenticity or accuracy of its content. The translation of this article is solely for the purpose of sharing and researching within the industry.


Translation: Due to limitations in the level of translation, the translated article may not accurately reflect the original. Please refer to the original article for accurate information.


2FIRSTS maintains complete alignment with the Chinese government on any domestic, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and foreign-related statements and positions.


The copyright of compiled information belongs to the original media and authors. If there is any infringement, please contact us for deletion.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Japan Says Heated Tobacco and E-Cigarette Use Is a Key Factor Behind Rising In-Flight Smoking
Japan Says Heated Tobacco and E-Cigarette Use Is a Key Factor Behind Rising In-Flight Smoking
Japan’s transport ministry said on April 14 that major Japanese airlines reported 429 passenger smoking incidents on domestic and international flights in 2025, the highest level since comparable data collection began in 2004. The government said the spread of heated tobacco products and e-cigarettes was an important factor behind the increase. Japan plans to work with airlines to raise public awareness of fire risks on aircraft.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris said that after investing USD 5.00 million last year to promote its ZYN nicotine pouch brand in Ukraine, it plans to invest another USD 10.00 million this year to develop the nicotine pouch category and launch a new ZYN line.
Apr.08 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Special Report | PLONQ Expands in China With New Shenzhen Hub to Accelerate R&D and Partnerships
Special Report | PLONQ Expands in China With New Shenzhen Hub to Accelerate R&D and Partnerships
On March 27, 2026, PLONQ officially opened its upgraded Shenzhen office, reinforcing its long-term commitment to China and marking a new phase of growth. As a leading vape brand in Russia, PLONQ is expanding into new product categories while strengthening R&D, engineering collaboration, and partnerships with Chinese companies. The Shenzhen office will accelerate product development, enhance cooperation with technology and manufacturing partners, and support future growth initiatives.
Apr.01
WSJ: White House Pushes for More Flavored Vape Approvals as FDA Commissioner Makary Blocks Move
WSJ: White House Pushes for More Flavored Vape Approvals as FDA Commissioner Makary Blocks Move
According to The Wall Street Journal, the White House is pushing to allow more flavored vape products onto the market for the first time in years, but FDA Commissioner Marty Makary opposes the move and has blocked the plan. The report said a memo from Makary’s office prevented authorization of several flavors from vape maker Glas, even after FDA scientific reviewers had supported them.
Apr.20 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Austria to Tighten Sales Rules for Nicotine Pouches and E-Liquids From April 1
Austria to Tighten Sales Rules for Nicotine Pouches and E-Liquids From April 1
Austria will introduce new sales rules for nicotine products from April 1, 2026. Under a reform of the tobacco law passed in December 2025, nicotine pouches will in future be sold only through tobacco shops, while e-liquids will be sold only through tobacco shops and licensed specialist stores. Other points of sale will no longer be permitted to sell these products.
Mar.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai
German Environment Minister Plans Bill to Ban Disposable E-Cigarettes This Year
German Environment Minister Plans Bill to Ban Disposable E-Cigarettes This Year
German Federal Environment Minister Carsten Schneider said he is preparing legislation to ban disposable e-cigarettes and will present a bill this year. Industry data estimated that legal e-cigarette sales in Germany rose by about one quarter in 2025 to €2.4 billion. Refillable devices are not expected to be affected by the ban.
May.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai