Malaysian Customs Seize 13.1 Tons of Smuggled Nicotine Liquid

Sep.20.2024
Malaysian Customs Seize 13.1 Tons of Smuggled Nicotine Liquid
13.1 tons of smuggled nicotine e-liquid seized by Malaysian customs, originally labeled as disinfectant, worth $310,000.

According to a report by Kosmo on September 19th, Malaysian customs seized 13.1 tons of smuggled nicotine e-liquid in a container inspection at West Port earlier this month. It is understood that these nicotine e-liquids were initially claimed to be disinfectants.


Malaysian Royal Customs (JKDM) successfully seized a batch of nicotine e-liquid worth 1.3 million ringgit ($310,000) on September 4th.


Norlela Ismail, Deputy Director of the agency, stated during a press conference that the nicotine e-liquids were imported from neighboring countries and are expected to be used in e-cigarettes and sold in the local market.


She also revealed that during the inspection process, it was found that these goods were falsely declared as disinfectant and did not have the import permit from the Ministry of Health (KKM).


We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Supreme Vape Revenue Rises 15% Despite UK Disposable Vape Ban
Supreme Vape Revenue Rises 15% Despite UK Disposable Vape Ban
UK consumer goods group Supreme said its vaping revenue rose 15% to £148.1 million in the year to March 31, 2026, despite the UK disposable vape ban taking effect during the period, while the company identified the Vaping Products Duty due in October as the next major industry milestone.
Regulations
Jul.03 by 2Firsts Perspectives
BAT Regional Director Fred Monteiro Supports Spain’s Nicotine Rules but Opposes 0.99mg Nicotine Pouch Limit
BAT Regional Director Fred Monteiro Supports Spain’s Nicotine Rules but Opposes 0.99mg Nicotine Pouch Limit
Spanish newspaper El Confidencial interviewed Fred Monteiro, Regional Director for Americas and Europe at British American Tobacco (BAT). Monteiro said BAT supports setting regulatory limits for nicotine products but opposes Spain’s proposed 0.99mg nicotine-per-pouch limit, arguing that such a restriction could affect adult smokers’ transition to alternatives. He said nicotine regulation should be based on scientific evidence and harm reduction principles. Monteiro also said smoke-free products now account for around 25% of BAT’s Americas and Europe business and nearly 30% of its Europe business
BAT
Jul.30
BAT’s Velo Study Finds 61% of Nicotine Users Feel More Comfortable Expressing Themselves When Others Do the Same
BAT’s Velo Study Finds 61% of Nicotine Users Feel More Comfortable Expressing Themselves When Others Do the Same
British American Tobacco’s (BAT) nicotine pouch brand Velo has released a global consumer study and launched its “Echoes of Tomorrowland” campaign with electronic music festival brand Tomorrowland. The research surveyed 2,009 nicotine users across the UK, Spain, Pakistan, Poland and Austria. Velo said 61% of respondents feel more comfortable expressing themselves when they see others doing the same, while 39% said building meaningful connections becomes harder with age. The campaign reflects how nicotine pouch brands are increasingly using music, communities and lifestyle marketing to build consumer engagement.
Aug.10
Senate Democrat Wyden Probes Trump Administration Vape Policy Shift, Seeks Records From HHS and Reynolds American
Senate Democrat Wyden Probes Trump Administration Vape Policy Shift, Seeks Records From HHS and Reynolds American
U.S. Senator Ron Wyden, the Democratic ranking member of the Senate Finance Committee, has launched an investigation into flavored vape policy changes and requested records from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Reynolds American and Botanic Tonics. The investigation focuses on a timeline involving Reynolds American’s $5 million donation to MAGA Inc. in April 2026 and subsequent vape policy developments. Wyden said the review aims to examine potential links between political donations, corporate communications and government decisions. The investigation does not represent a finding of wrongdoing.
Innovation
Aug.07 by 2Firsts Perspectives
Russian Strikes Destroy JTI and Imperial Brands Ukraine Warehouses, With Losses Reaching Tens of Millions of Hryvnias
Russian Strikes Destroy JTI and Imperial Brands Ukraine Warehouses, With Losses Reaching Tens of Millions of Hryvnias
According to Ukrainska Pravda, Russian strikes on the Kyiv region during the night of Aug. 4-5, 2026, damaged warehouses storing products of Japan Tobacco International (JTI) and Imperial Brands Ukraine. JTI said a finished goods warehouse in Kyiv Oblast was destroyed, with no employees injured, and that it did not expect disruptions to retail supplies. Imperial Brands Ukraine said products stored at warehouses of distributors and retail partners were affected and estimated losses from the strikes at “tens of millions of Ukrainian hryvnias” (roughly hundreds of thousands of U.S. dollars).
JTI
Aug.07
Product | OXVA Launches ONEO Pro in France, Upgrading Its Open-Pod Platform
Product | OXVA Launches ONEO Pro in France, Upgrading Its Open-Pod Platform
Vape brand OXVA has introduced the ONEO Pro, a refillable open-pod system that entered the French market in July 2026. The device features a 2,100mAh battery, up to 40W output, a 4ml refillable cartridge, multiple coil options and a 0.96-inch color TFT display. The launch reflects continued performance upgrades within the refillable open-pod segment, with brands adding higher capacity, adjustable output and smarter device interaction.
Aug.03