Mexico Regulator Cracks Down on E-Cigarette Sales Advertising

Dec.05.2022
Mexico Regulator Cracks Down on E-Cigarette Sales Advertising
Mexico increases surveillance on the sale of e-cigarettes and advertisements on social media. Detentions have already been made.

The regulatory body in Mexico has stated that advertisements on social media for the sale of electronic cigarettes or vaping devices are not the only means by which their sale can be detected. As a result, they have intensified their scrutiny of manufacturers and seized products.


The head of the Health Risk Protection Committee (Coepris) in Tamaulipas, Alberto Moctezuma Castillo, announced that they will be increasing their monitoring efforts due to complaints of illegal sales in other areas.


Last week we responded to citizens' complaints regarding the sale of electronic cigarettes in pharmacies. Although sales are prohibited, the pharmacies have obtained insurance and have begun the administrative process. Therefore, we are currently unable to provide more information," he commented.


The commissioner added that they also have information about the sale of these devices through social networks, which is the reason for their surveillance operation, particularly to prevent them from being sold to minors.


2FIRSTS will continue to track and report on this issue. Further updates will be available on the "2FIRSTSAPP". Scan the QR code below to download the app.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands said it will phase out its myblu vaping business in the United States, citing prolonged FDA approval timelines for new vape products. The company said it will instead focus on modern oral nicotine products in the U.S., including the expansion of its Zone brand and new flavors. While overall next-generation product revenue continued to grow, revenue from the category in the Americas declined sharply.
May.12
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris said that after investing USD 5.00 million last year to promote its ZYN nicotine pouch brand in Ukraine, it plans to invest another USD 10.00 million this year to develop the nicotine pouch category and launch a new ZYN line.
Apr.08 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Says It Will Not Take Enforcement Action Against Zone Nicotine Pouches Until Lawsuit Is Resolved
FDA Says It Will Not Take Enforcement Action Against Zone Nicotine Pouches Until Lawsuit Is Resolved
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has told vape manufacturer Fontem US that it does not presently intend to take enforcement action against the company’s Zone nicotine pouches while litigation over the agency’s handling of the application remains unresolved.
Apr.07 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Nicokick and zone Extend NASCAR Collaboration for April 19 Kansas City Race
Nicokick and zone Extend NASCAR Collaboration for April 19 Kansas City Race
Nicokick.com said it will continue its collaboration with zone for a second year at the April 19 NASCAR race in Kansas City, appearing on Richard Childress Racing’s No. 8 Chevrolet driven by Kyle Busch. The 2026 race-weekend campaign for verified adult nicotine consumers aged 21 and older includes the exclusive launch of zone Cranberry and a limited-edition five-flavor mix pack selected by Busch.
Apr.16 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Moscow Police Seize About 65,000 E-Cigarettes Worth More Than RUB 30 Million
Moscow Police Seize About 65,000 E-Cigarettes Worth More Than RUB 30 Million
Russian Interior Ministry spokesperson Irina Volk said on May 6 that police in Moscow seized about 65,000 nicotine-containing products from a man during searches of residential and warehouse premises. The products were valued at about RUB 30 million, or about USD 395,727 based on an exchange rate of USD 1 = RUB 75.81.
May.11 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Opens Public Comment Period on Draft Guidance for Flavored E-Cigarette Applications
FDA Opens Public Comment Period on Draft Guidance for Flavored E-Cigarette Applications
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Tobacco Products announced an open public comment period for a draft guidance titled Flavored Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) Premarket Applications – Considerations Related to Youth Risk.
Apr.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai