Shunho Terminates HNB Plans Due to Policy Changes

Feb.08.2025
Shunho Terminates HNB Plans Due to Policy Changes
Investors question Shunho's progress on HNB manufacturing project; company terminates plans due to policy changes.

Recently, investors inquired on the investor interaction platform about Shunho Corporation (002565.SZ) and whether the company's previously planned "project to manufacture 200 million HNB wake-up sticks per year" is still progressing. If it has been terminated, they also asked if there are any similar new tobacco expansion plans.


In response, Shunho Corporation stated that due to adjustments in national policies, the construction of the project was difficult to proceed with. After the expiration of the project agreement, the company has reached a consensus with the relevant parties and signed the "Cancellation Agreement for the construction of the Green Electronic HNB Stick Manufacturing Project with an annual capacity of 200 million units". For further details, please refer to the announcement released by the company on August 17, 2024 (announcement number: 2024-050). Regarding the company's strategic planning in the new tobacco field, investors are advised to refer to the periodic reports that have been published.


We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Product | Republic Technologies Launches ZIG Nicotine Pouches, Expanding Beyond Traditional Tobacco Accessories
Product | Republic Technologies Launches ZIG Nicotine Pouches, Expanding Beyond Traditional Tobacco Accessories
Republic Technologies UK has entered the nicotine pouch market with ZIG Nicotine Pouches, marking the company’s expansion beyond traditional tobacco-related accessories into smoke-free nicotine products. The product is expected to enter UK retail channels from August 2026, including convenience stores, supermarkets and tobacco retailers. The launch includes six flavors and three nicotine strengths: 8mg, 12mg and 17mg.
Market
Jul.21 by 2Firsts Perspectives
Reemtsma says German illegal e-cigarette seizures reached 70% of 2025 total, pouches 179%
Reemtsma says German illegal e-cigarette seizures reached 70% of 2025 total, pouches 179%
Reemtsma said its first-half 2026 black-market tracker for tobacco and nicotine products showed a continued rise in officially reported seizures in Germany, with illegal e-cigarette seizures reaching 70% of the full-year 2025 level and snus and nicotine pouch seizures reaching 179% of last year’s total.
Jul.08
U.S. House Defense Bill Includes Pilot Review of Vapes, Nicotine Pouches and Heated Tobacco for Military Smokers
U.S. House Defense Bill Includes Pilot Review of Vapes, Nicotine Pouches and Heated Tobacco for Military Smokers
On July 23, 2026, the U.S. House of Representatives passed its version of the Fiscal Year 2027 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which includes Section 707 provisions requiring the Department of Defense to evaluate tobacco use and nicotine alternatives among military personnel. The pilot program would examine products including vapes, nicotine pouches and heated tobacco products, primarily among active-duty service members who continue using combustible tobacco. The provision is a policy evaluation effort, not an authorization for military vaping promotion or a ban on vape products.
Jul.28
China’s Jiangsu Tobacco Monopoly Bureau and Drug Regulator Target Illegal Vape Sales Disguised as Medical Devices, Define Six Violations
China’s Jiangsu Tobacco Monopoly Bureau and Drug Regulator Target Illegal Vape Sales Disguised as Medical Devices, Define Six Violations
China’s Jiangsu Tobacco Monopoly Bureau and Jiangsu Provincial Medical Products Administration have issued a joint notice targeting illegal production and sales of vape products disguised as medical devices. The notice identifies six categories of violations, including obtaining medical licenses through false materials, misusing medical device credentials, expanding production beyond approved scopes, and using medical device-related online platforms to promote or sell vape products. The action is based on China’s tobacco and medical device regulations and aims to strengthen vape oversight and consumer protection.
Aug.04
From a 2017 Launch to 48% of South Korea’s Heated Tobacco Market, KT&G Looks Back on a Decade of lil
From a 2017 Launch to 48% of South Korea’s Heated Tobacco Market, KT&G Looks Back on a Decade of lil
KT&G announced on Aug. 13, 2026, that it has opened “lil Archive,” a brand exhibition space in Seoul showcasing the evolution, technology platforms and future direction of its heated tobacco brand lil since its launch in 2017. KT&G said lil now spans three major platforms — lil SOLID, lil HYBRID and lil AIBLE — with more than 30 dedicated consumables, and held a 48% share of South Korea's heated tobacco market in the second quarter of 2026. The opening comes as lil enters its 10th year, with KT&G continuing to position the brand for expansion beyond its domestic market.
Aug.14
UK Proposes Stricter Vape Packaging Rules as Retailers Warn of £330 Million Impact
UK Proposes Stricter Vape Packaging Rules as Retailers Warn of £330 Million Impact
The UK government has launched a nationwide consultation on vape packaging, appearance and retail displays, proposing tighter rules to reduce youth appeal while industry groups warn of significant compliance costs.
Innovation
Jul.20