US E-Cigarette Ban Boosting Competitors, Hurting Juul Sales

Aug.29.2022
US e-cigarette ban boosts other brands, with Vuser's market share increasing to 39% and Juul's dropping to 29.4%.

An e-cigarette retailer has confirmed that the ban will only promote other brands. They have reported that American consumers are now considering and migrating to other brands.


Last week's analysis covered the four weeks up to August 13th. The survey found that Vuser's market share had increased from 37.4% in the previous report to 39%, while Juul's market share had dropped from 30.7% to 29.4%. The decline in Juul's sales is attributed to ongoing events that could lead to a ban on Juul in the US.


Experts have long believed that bans only lead consumers to seek out alternate products. Despite Nielsen figures confirming this, the ban is only expected to bolster other brands, as vape retailers report that American consumers are considering and turning to other brands. Will Montgomery, a sales representative for AJ Vape, emphasized that if the Juul ban were to take effect, their sales would not be affected, as customers would simply turn to other brands. "People still need nicotine," he said.


Consumers agree. Former Juul user Payton Hartz said the potential ban "opens the door for other companies to enter the front line." "I think disposable e-cigarettes didn't even exist before Juul really appeared. I think what it really did legally is push more companies to be on par with Juul.


Statement:


This article is compiled from third-party information and is intended for industry insiders for communication and learning purposes only.


This article does not represent the views of 2FIRSTS, and 2FIRSTS is unable to confirm the authenticity and accuracy of the article's content. The compilation of this article is solely for the purpose of communication and research within the industry.


Due to limitations in translation skills, the translated article may not fully express the meaning of the original. Please refer to the original text for accuracy.


2FIRSTS maintains complete alignment with the Chinese government on any domestic, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, or foreign-related expression and stance.


Compilation of information is the property of the original media outlet and author. If there is any violation of copyright, please contact us to have it removed.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

UK Bill Banning Tobacco Sales to People Born After 2008 Clears Parliament
UK Bill Banning Tobacco Sales to People Born After 2008 Clears Parliament
A UK bill banning the legal sale of tobacco to people born on or after January 1, 2009 has completed its passage through parliament. Under the bill, those born in that group will never be able to be legally sold tobacco anywhere in the UK. The legislation is expected to receive royal assent next week. It also gives ministers powers to strengthen public-place smoking restrictions and restricts branding, promotion and advertising of vape and nicotine products aimed at children.
Apr.22 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Reuters Exclusive: FDA’s Fast-Track Review of Nicotine Pouches Slows Over Youth and New-User Concerns
Reuters Exclusive: FDA’s Fast-Track Review of Nicotine Pouches Slows Over Youth and New-User Concerns
Reuters reported on April 1 that several popular nicotine pouch products still have not been cleared for sale in the United States despite a fast-track review pilot run by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Three sources said FDA reviewers have taken a cautious approach because of potential risks to youth and other non-tobacco users, including the possibility of driving nicotine addiction among adults who do not already smoke.
Apr.02 by 2FIRSTS.ai
EVO NXT: two days, four zones, countless opportunities
EVO NXT: two days, four zones, countless opportunities
Mar.30
New Mexico Attorney General Files Lawsuit Over Sales of Flavored Disposable E-Cigarettes
New Mexico Attorney General Files Lawsuit Over Sales of Flavored Disposable E-Cigarettes
The New Mexico Department of Justice announced that it has filed a lawsuit against major convenience store chains and distributors, alleging that they sold flavored disposable e-cigarettes and contributed to youth nicotine addiction across the state.
Apr.01 by 2FIRSTS.ai
U.S. Company Seeks Cancellation of “Lost Mary” Vape Trademark
U.S. Company Seeks Cancellation of “Lost Mary” Vape Trademark
North Carolina hemp provider JLT Imports Inc. has filed suit in California federal court seeking cancellation of the “Lost Mary” vape trademark held by Chinese company Imiracle (HK) Ltd.
Mar.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Why Many E-Liquids Today Are "Not Bad, but Not Memorable" – Mylor’s Approach to Experience Design
Why Many E-Liquids Today Are "Not Bad, but Not Memorable" – Mylor’s Approach to Experience Design
From May 8 to 10, 2026, Mylor (Booth E70) will exhibit at The Vaper Expo UK, where it will showcase its systematic experience design solutions for e-liquids. At present, the e-liquid market commonly faces a challenge: many products have “no obvious shortcomings, but lack memorable features.” In response, Mylor has proposed refined solutions across multiple dimensions, including device-adaptive sweetness, progressive cooling sensation, fruit-oriented sourness, and segmented nicotine experience.
May.08