Vietnam to Ban E-Cigarettes and Heated Tobacco Products Starting in 2025

Dec.02.2024
Vietnam to Ban E-Cigarettes and Heated Tobacco Products Starting in 2025
Vietnam's National Assembly has passed a resolution to implement a comprehensive ban on the production, sale, import, storage, transportation, and use of e-cigarettes and heated tobacco products starting in 2025.

According to VN Express reports on November 30th, the Vietnamese government plans to ban e-cigarettes starting in 2025.


On November 30, with 458 out of 460 delegates in attendance and in favor, the Vietnamese National Assembly passed a resolution on the questioning activities of the fifteenth session of the eighth National Assembly. The resolution aims to protect public health by banning the production, sale, import, storage, transportation, and use of e-cigarettes, and requires the government to take concrete measures.


Previously, Vietnamese Minister of Health Dao Hong Lan emphasized that e-cigarettes are harmful to health and should be banned. Members of the parliament also unanimously agree that it is necessary to increase regulations to prohibit and strictly control illegal trading activities.


We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

More Than 500 Stores in Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod Region Voluntarily Stop Selling Vapes
More Than 500 Stores in Russia’s Nizhny Novgorod Region Voluntarily Stop Selling Vapes
According to the Nizhny Novgorod regional government, 550 stores in the region have voluntarily removed vapes and e-liquids from their product assortments. Regional officials said a public offer encouraging businesses to self-restrict vape sales has been in place since September 2025, and that a large retail chain with more than 40 outlets in Nizhny Novgorod joined the initiative. The regional government also said a federal ban on vape sales is expected in the near future.
Apr.15 by 2FIRSTS.ai
 RFK Jr. Spokesman Resigns Over FDA Authorization of Fruit-Flavored Vapes
RFK Jr. Spokesman Resigns Over FDA Authorization of Fruit-Flavored Vapes
Richard Danker, a senior public affairs official in Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s team, resigned from his role at HHS over the FDA’s recent authorization of fruit-flavored vaping products. In a resignation letter addressed to President Donald Trump, Danker argued that the products could expose minors to nicotine addiction, lung damage, and increased cancer risks, while also conflicting with recent HHS guidance on youth risks associated with flavored nicotine products.
News
May.15
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands said it will phase out its myblu vaping business in the United States, citing prolonged FDA approval timelines for new vape products. The company said it will instead focus on modern oral nicotine products in the U.S., including the expansion of its Zone brand and new flavors. While overall next-generation product revenue continued to grow, revenue from the category in the Americas declined sharply.
May.12
BAT AGM Highlights Smokeless Strategy, AI Capability and Regulatory Engagement
BAT AGM Highlights Smokeless Strategy, AI Capability and Regulatory Engagement
BAT Chair Luc Jobin told shareholders at the company’s 2026 Annual General Meeting that BAT delivered on its plans in 2025 despite a challenging external environment, with the U.S. business returning to growth, smokeless consumers increasing by more than 15%, improved New Categories contribution, and GBP 6.3 billion returned to shareholders.
Apr.16 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Latvian Parliament Gives Initial Support to E-Cigarette Deposit Scheme Amendments
Latvian Parliament Gives Initial Support to E-Cigarette Deposit Scheme Amendments
On April 1, Latvia’s parliament gave conceptual support to amendments to the Waste Management Law that would introduce a deposit system for e-cigarettes in order to reduce pollution and environmental harm caused by these products.
Apr.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai
U.S. Senator Durbin Criticizes FDA’s First Flavored Vape Authorization, Says Trump Administration Conceded to Big Tobacco
U.S. Senator Durbin Criticizes FDA’s First Flavored Vape Authorization, Says Trump Administration Conceded to Big Tobacco
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin on May 13 criticized the Trump Administration’s Food and Drug Administration for approving the sale and marketing of fruit-flavored e-cigarettes for the first time, while also allowing some illegal vaping products to remain on the market. He also linked the regulatory shift to the departure of FDA Commissioner Marty Makary, saying White House pressure on regulators to approve tobacco product applications could create serious public-health consequences.
Regulations
May.15