E-cigarette maker Juul to explore options including financing

Business
Jul.18.2022

(Reuters) -Juul Labs Inc said on Friday it is in the early stages of exploring several options including financing alternatives, as the company deals with lawsuits and a probable ban on sales of its e-cigarettes by U.S. health regulators.

 

E-cigarette maker Juul to explore options including financing

Bloomberg News earlier reported, citing sources, that Juul's bankers at Centerview Partners are sounding out investors for a possible $400 million first-lien term loan due August 2023. (https://bloom.bg/3O9qStl)

The proceeds would help refinance an existing term loan, which has around $394 million outstanding and matures on the same date, the report added.

A spokesperson for Juul told Reuters that the company is looking at options to protect its business and to address the "impact of the FDA's now stayed order so we can continue offering our products to adult consumers who have or are looking to transition away from traditional cigarettes."

 

Centerview Partners declined to comment when contacted by Reuters.

 

Bloomberg News in its report said Juul was also considering a new $150 million second-lien term loan, which may have an August 2024 maturity, to help pay down some of the first-lien term loan and to increase liquidity, the report said.

 

Financing proposals for either loan are due July 21, according to the report.

 

Last month, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) blocked sales of Juul e-cigarettes and said the applications "lacked sufficient evidence" to show that sale of the products would be appropriate for public health.

 

However, Juul appealed the agency's order and earlier this month FDA put on hold its ban saying it would do an additional review of the company's marketing application.

 

(Reporting by Ananya Mariam Rajesh in Bengaluru; Editing by Shailesh Kuber)

 

The content excerpted or reproduced in this article comes from a third-party, and the copyright belongs to the original media and author. If any infringement is found, please contact us to delete it. Any entity or individual wishing to forward the information, please contact the author and refrain from forwarding directly from here.

 RFK Jr. Spokesman Resigns Over FDA Authorization of Fruit-Flavored Vapes
RFK Jr. Spokesman Resigns Over FDA Authorization of Fruit-Flavored Vapes
Richard Danker, a senior public affairs official in Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s team, resigned from his role at HHS over the FDA’s recent authorization of fruit-flavored vaping products. In a resignation letter addressed to President Donald Trump, Danker argued that the products could expose minors to nicotine addiction, lung damage, and increased cancer risks, while also conflicting with recent HHS guidance on youth risks associated with flavored nicotine products.
News
May.15
FDA Expands ENDS Market Access With First Authorization of Non-Tobacco and Non-Menthol Products
FDA Expands ENDS Market Access With First Authorization of Non-Tobacco and Non-Menthol Products
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced on May 5, 2026 that it authorized the marketing of four Glas electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) products through the premarket tobacco product application (PMTA) pathway. The authorized products are Classic Menthol, Fresh Menthol, Gold and Sapphire pods, each containing 50mg/ml, or 5%, tobacco-derived nicotine.
May.06 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA nicotine pouch review delay report knocks tobacco shares lower
FDA nicotine pouch review delay report knocks tobacco shares lower
After Reuters reported before the market open that FDA reviews of nicotine pouch applications could face delays, shares of Philip Morris International, Turning Point Brands and British American Tobacco fell on April 1, underscoring the direct impact of U.S. regulatory signals on major tobacco companies and nicotine pouch expectations.
Apr.02
Product | Vaporless Mode + Transparent Display Screen: Kanger Launches Subox Mix 50K in the U.S.
Product | Vaporless Mode + Transparent Display Screen: Kanger Launches Subox Mix 50K in the U.S.
E-cigarette brand Kanger has recently launched its new e-cigarette, the Subox Mix 50K, across multiple online channels in the United States. The product features a “vaporless mode” and a transparent digital display design, supporting switching between approximately 25K vapor puffs and 25K vaporless puffs, for a total of 50,000 puffs, while displaying battery level and mode status in the transparent pod section.
Apr.13 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Jinjia Shares Discloses 2025 Annual and Q1 2026 Results With Revenue Growth, Profit Pressure and Expanding New Tobacco Business
Jinjia Shares Discloses 2025 Annual and Q1 2026 Results With Revenue Growth, Profit Pressure and Expanding New Tobacco Business
Jinjia Shares’ 2025 annual report summary and first-quarter 2026 report show that the company recorded 2025 revenue of RMB 2.988 billion, up 4.57% year on year, while net profit attributable to shareholders turned to a loss of RMB 346 million. In the first quarter of 2026, revenue rose 58.13% year on year to RMB 1.005 billion, but attributable net profit fell 45.16% to RMB 36.5349 million. The company said both revenue and cost growth were related to the expansion of its new tobacco business.
Apr.28 by 2FIRSTS.ai
CBP and FDA Seize 18 Million Illegal Vapes Worth $175 Million in Maritime Cargo Operation
CBP and FDA Seize 18 Million Illegal Vapes Worth $175 Million in Maritime Cargo Operation
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced that more than 18 million illegal e-cigarettes valued at over $175 million were seized during “Operation Red Mist,” a joint enforcement initiative involving the U.S. Coast Guard and the FDA. The operation primarily targeted maritime vape shipments originating from China and focused on combating illicit importation, transportation, and distribution activities.
Regulations
May.14