FDA Orders Cease and Desist of Unauthorized E-Cigarette Sales

Dec.14.2022
FDA Orders Cease and Desist of Unauthorized E-Cigarette Sales
Six US companies and individuals face legal action for unlawfully manufacturing and selling unauthorised e-cigarette products.

In December of last year, the United States filed a complaint against six companies and associated individuals, demanding that they cease the illegal manufacture and sale of unauthorized e-cigarette products. These charges were brought on behalf of the US Food and Drug Administration.


According to Bloomberglaw, two of the six companies, Seditious Vapors LLC and Vapor Craft LLC, which manufacture electronic cigarettes, must stop distribution and sales of their products based on two separate court orders that comply with the ban requested by the FDA.


Judge Douglas L. Rayes of the Arizona District Court has ruled in favor of the Food and Drug Administration's argument that Seditious Vapors failed to submit a pre-market application for their electronic cigarettes and subsequently illegally manufactured, sold, and distributed them. The order was submitted on Friday.


Two days ago, Judge Clay D. Land of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia issued a permanent injunction against Vapor Craft.


The FDA has stated that the accused has continued to manufacture, sell, and distribute unauthorized electronic cigarettes to consumers despite receiving a warning letter from the agency. The previous warning from the FDA had indicated that further violations could lead to enforcement actions, including a ban.


These cases are an important step in stopping the illegal sale of unauthorized electronic nicotine delivery system products," said Brian M. Boynton, Chief of Staff and Senior Counselor of the Civil Division of the Department of Justice. "The Department of Justice will continue to work closely with the FDA to crack down on the distribution of illegal and unauthorized tobacco products.


When a company produces and sells unauthorized tobacco products, the FDA typically issues a warning letter first in an attempt to achieve voluntary compliance with the law. If the FDA documents continued noncompliance, the agency may request that the Department of Justice take enforcement actions, such as injunctions or seizures.


The six companies who initially proposed the ban were:


Morin Enterprises Inc. operates E-Cig Crib in the Minnesota region, Soul Vapor LLC located in the southern district of West Virginia, Super Vape'z LLC in the western district of Washington, Vapor Craft LLC in the central region of Georgia, Lucky's Convenience & Tobacco LLC d/b/a Lucky's Vape & Smoke Shop in the Kansas area, and Seditious Vapors LLC d/b/a in the Arizona region. Additionally, Seditious Vapors LLC has administrative and civil penalty authority over violations of the FD&C Act related to tobacco products in their jurisdiction, working closely with the FDA.


2FIRSTS will continue to report on this topic and further updates will be available on the '2FIRSTS APP'. Scan the QR code below to download the app.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

BAT New Zealand Says Illicit Tobacco Trade Drove Nearly 29% Revenue Decline in 2025
BAT New Zealand Says Illicit Tobacco Trade Drove Nearly 29% Revenue Decline in 2025
British American Tobacco New Zealand said the illicit tobacco trade is responsible for its profit halving and revenue falling between the 2024 and 2025 financial years. Financial results filed with the Companies Office show that BAT Holdings (New Zealand) recorded 2025 revenue of NZ$180.7 million, or about US$106.95 million based on the European Central Bank’s April 27, 2026 reference rates, down from NZ$254 million, or about US$150.33 million, in 2024.
Apr.28 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Special Report| War continues to shape the Ukrainian tobacco market
Special Report| War continues to shape the Ukrainian tobacco market
Four years into the war, Ukraine’s tobacco market is being reshaped by stress-driven consumption, tax pressure, youth e-cigarette use and a growing illicit segment. Surveys point to rising tobacco and nicotine product use, while higher excise duties and shadow trade are adding new complexity to the market.
Apr.17
Pennsylvania to Publish Vape Manufacturer Directory by June 20
Pennsylvania to Publish Vape Manufacturer Directory by June 20
Now that Act 57 of 2025 is in effect, every manufacturer of nicotine-containing electronic cigarettes sold or offered for retail sale in Pennsylvania must be certified by the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General.
Apr.10 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Dutch Data Show 244 Companies Continued Illegal Vape Sales After Two Fines
Dutch Data Show 244 Companies Continued Illegal Vape Sales After Two Fines
According to RTL Nieuws, citing figures from the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA), hundreds of Dutch shops continue to sell illegal vapes, often even after repeated fines.
Apr.08 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT France Confirms Full Compliance as France Implements Nicotine Pouch Ban on April 1from April 2026
BAT France Confirms Full Compliance as France Implements Nicotine Pouch Ban on April 1from April 2026
BAT France said that, under the decree of September 5, 2025 that entered into force on April 1, 2026, it has stopped commercialising its nicotine pouch products in France from that date.
Apr.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Disposable Vape Ban Shifts Purchasing Formats as UK Vape Volume Falls 10.3%
Disposable Vape Ban Shifts Purchasing Formats as UK Vape Volume Falls 10.3%
Data from convenience insight agency Talysis shows that the value of tobacco, vapes and smoking alternatives in the independent convenience sector fell by 4.4% in the first quarter of 2026, while volume fell by 7.8%. The vaping subcategory declined by 3.9% in value and 10.3% in volume over the same period. Talysis said the impact of the disposable vape ban continues to pressure turnover and footfall.
May.08 by 2FIRSTS.ai