Government Proposes Ban on Substances in E-cigarettes

Aug.24.2023
Government Proposes Ban on Substances in E-cigarettes
Russian government introduces draft law banning substances in e-cigarettes, including flavors and sweeteners, effective from March 1, 2024.

According to a report by TASS, a Russian news agency, on August 22, Artyom Metyelev, Chairman of the Youth Policy Committee of the State Duma of Russia, announced on his personal Telegram channel that a draft government decree listing substances prohibited in e-cigarettes, including flavorings and sweeteners, has been submitted to the Cabinet. The document was jointly developed by the Russian Ministry of Health and experts and is set to take effect on March 1, 2024.


Meyerev stated that the previously passed legislation restricting the use of e-cigarettes granted the government the authority to "approve the list of substances prohibited in e-cigarettes.


Mikhail Mechelev said:


The government, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and experts, has developed a specific list of these substances. The corresponding draft resolution has been submitted to the government for approval, with an anticipated effective date of March 1, 2024.


According to the senator, as stated by the Duma committee on youth policy, "all flavors that create harmless illusions and manipulate consumer choices, as well as any artificial and natural food additives, should be prohibited.


Previously, Meijielev claimed that the draft resolution was formulated by a working group from the Ministry of Health. It involves the prohibition of all artificial and natural flavorings and food additives, including those containing harmful and dangerous compounds, stimulants, sweeteners, dyes, and other additives that may create a favorable impression of nicotine-containing products' health benefits or pose harm.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

South Korea Moves Against Synthetic Nicotine Regulatory Gap as Three Companies Face Tobacco Business Act Probe
South Korea Moves Against Synthetic Nicotine Regulatory Gap as Three Companies Face Tobacco Business Act Probe
South Korea’s Ministry of Finance and Economy said on May 4 that it requested the Daejeon Metropolitan Police Agency and Gyeonggi Nambu Provincial Police Agency to investigate three sales companies on suspicion of violating the Tobacco Business Act.
May.06 by 2FIRSTS.ai
From myblu to Zone: Imperial Brands Refocuses NGP Strategy in HY26
From myblu to Zone: Imperial Brands Refocuses NGP Strategy in HY26
mperial Brands’ HY26 results point to a more selective NGP transition. The company is using cash flow from traditional tobacco to fund targeted investments in modern oral nicotine, heated tobacco and reusable vaping systems. Its decision to exit the legacy myblu vaping business in the U.S., while expanding Zone nicotine pouches. In Europe, Imperial’s NGP growth is being driven by a multi-category portfolio including blu, Pulze and Zone/Skruf.
Special Report
May.12
State Attorneys General Urge Visa, Mastercard and Others to Stop Processing Illicit E-Cigarette Transactions
State Attorneys General Urge Visa, Mastercard and Others to Stop Processing Illicit E-Cigarette Transactions
Fourteen U.S. state attorneys general sent a joint letter dated April 14, 2026 to Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover, asking them to immediately help stop the sale of illicit e-cigarette products by cutting off payment access.
Apr.17 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Italy Formally Submits Detailed Opinion to EU Obstructing Ireland's Disposable Vape Ban
Italy Formally Submits Detailed Opinion to EU Obstructing Ireland's Disposable Vape Ban
Italy's Ministry of Enterprises and Made in Italy has submitted a detailed opinion against Ireland's proposed "Public Health (Single Use Vapes) Bill 2025." Italy argued that the comprehensive ban on disposable vapes lacks scientific evidence, violates the EU principle of the free movement of goods, and conflicts with the existing Tobacco Products Directive.
Apr.10 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Ukrainian Prosecutors and Economic Security Bureau Dismantle Illegal Vape Liquid Network Worth About UAH 30 Million
Ukrainian Prosecutors and Economic Security Bureau Dismantle Illegal Vape Liquid Network Worth About UAH 30 Million
Ukraine’s Office of the Prosecutor General and the Bureau of Economic Security said they uncovered an illegal production and sales scheme for e-cigarette liquids that had been operating in Ukraine since 2023.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
India Seizes $14 Million Worth of Illegal Vaping Products Imported From China
India Seizes $14 Million Worth of Illegal Vaping Products Imported From China
India’s Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) seized approximately 300,000 illegal e-cigarettes and vaping devices worth more than ₹120 crore (approximately $14 million) during coordinated multi-state enforcement operations.
Regulations
May.22