Successful Crackdown on Massive Illegal Heated Tobacco Case

Jan.04.2023
Successful Crackdown on Massive Illegal Heated Tobacco Case
Authorities in Jiangsu province worked with national agencies to bust an illegal operation producing heating, non-burning cigarettes.

Recently, under the coordination of the Ministry of Public Security and the State Bureau, the Jiangsu Tobacco Monopoly Bureau, in conjunction with the Jiangsu Public Security Department, deployed more than 190 law enforcement officers and organized 15 arrest teams to cities such as Shenzhen, Chongqing, and Nantong to carry out a concentrated crackdown operation, successfully breaking up a major illegal operation of selling non-combustible heated tobacco products.


It has been reported that a criminal group engaged in the illegal production of heated non-burning cigarettes has been thoroughly dismantled by authorities in Jiangsu province. In order to break the entire chain of production and distribution, a task force was established jointly by the provincial public security bureau and the local authorities, and the investigation lasted for a year and a half. To date, all the main suspects involved in the case have been apprehended, resulting in the shutdown of one production base with nearly 10,000 square meters of standardized factories. In addition, one production line for heated non-burning cigarettes, one production line for electronic vapor cigarettes, two assembly and packaging lines, 96 sets of production equipment, 1,470 pieces of heated non-burning cigarettes, as well as a large amount of fragrances, tobacco extractions, and cigarette filter rods were confiscated, with a total value of up to 800 million yuan.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Cambodian's Phnom Penh Military Police continue crackdown after 300,000-device raid
Cambodian's Phnom Penh Military Police continue crackdown after 300,000-device raid
Phnom Penh Military Police said they have continued cracking down on locations selling electronic devices used for smoking chemicals, following a major raid last week that confiscated 300,000 electronic smoking devices.
Jan.20 by 2FIRSTS.ai
PMTA Roundtable Opens with Industry Questioning Product Characterization Standards, FDA Defends Regulatory Boundaries
PMTA Roundtable Opens with Industry Questioning Product Characterization Standards, FDA Defends Regulatory Boundaries
At the opening of FDA’s PMTA roundtable, small ENDS manufacturers warned that unclear product characterization standards are limiting their ability to invest and raise capital. FDA officials acknowledged industry concerns but said regulatory flexibility is constrained by statutory and procedural boundaries.
Feb.11
Philip Morris Japan Launches New TEREA “Stellar Pearl,” Featuring Mint and Yellow Citrus Notes
Philip Morris Japan Launches New TEREA “Stellar Pearl,” Featuring Mint and Yellow Citrus Notes
Philip Morris Japan announced the launch of a new TEREA heated tobacco stick for the IQOS ILUMA series, “TEREA Stellar Pearl,” featuring a crushable capsule mint profile. The product will go on sale in Japan through offline retail channels from Jan. 19 and will be rolled out on the company’s official e-commerce store from Jan. 29, priced at 580 yen (about $3.6) per pack.
Jan.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT CEO: to ramp up ‘next-generation’ tobacco capacity in Italy, plans €500 mln investment in Trieste plant by 2027
BAT CEO: to ramp up ‘next-generation’ tobacco capacity in Italy, plans €500 mln investment in Trieste plant by 2027
British American Tobacco (BAT) CEO Tadeu Marroco said the group will continue to invest in equipment and technology in Italy and expand capacity for next-generation tobacco products such as e-cigarettes and heated tobacco. BAT’s Trieste innovation hub is slated to receive a total investment of 500 million euros by 2027 and add 16 new production lines.
Feb.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Hampshire Trading Standards Seizes £138,000 Worth of Illegal Vapes and Tobacco in 2025
Hampshire Trading Standards Seizes £138,000 Worth of Illegal Vapes and Tobacco in 2025
According to Hampshire County Council, its Trading Standards team confiscated 116,000 illegal vape and tobacco products in 2025, worth an estimated £138,000 — a record annual haul.
Feb.02 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT CEO Says 2026 Return to Growth Hinges on U.S. Enforcement, Highlights Oral Leadership
BAT CEO Says 2026 Return to Growth Hinges on U.S. Enforcement, Highlights Oral Leadership
British American Tobacco said 2026 will mark a return to its mid-term growth algorithm, but CEO Tadeu Marroco stressed that deliverywill depend heavily on enforcement against illicit vapour products in the United States. Speaking at the FY2025 results call, he positioned Modern Oral as the company’s primary structural growth engine, reframed accelerating cigarette declines through “poly-usage,” and reinforced capital discipline with an expanded share buyback plan.
Feb.12