China Authorities Give Production License to RELX

RegulationsMarket
Jul.26.2022

RELX Technology has joined a small but growing number of vaping product manufacturers that have received a manufacturing license from China’s State Tobacco Monopoly Administration (STMA).

China Authorities Give Production License to RELX

On Nov. 26, 2021, China’s State Council amended the country’s tobacco monopoly law to include vapor products, giving the STMA authority to regulate the sector.

 

The STMA license, which is valid until July 31, 2023, allows RLX Technology to manufacture 15.05 million rechargeable vaping devices, 328.7 million cartridges and 6.1 million disposable e-cigarettes per year.

 

Since the first quarter of 2022, Chinese authorities have issued a series of implementing rules and guiding opinions to strengthen oversight of e-cigarette products and regulate the e-cigarette industry. These rules and opinions set forth that all e-cigarette manufacturing enterprises must obtain a license from the STMA.

 

“This license represents an important milestone in our strategic roadmap as we strive to comply with the new regulatory requirements in a timely manner,” said Ying (Kate) Wang, co-founder, chairperson of the board of directors and CEO of RLX Technology, in a statement.

 

“We believe that we are well-positioned to achieve compliance in our operations according to schedule. To adapt to the new market dynamics and ensure business development, we will, and will urge our business partners to, continue making efforts to comply with all applicable regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, obtaining requisite licenses and regulatory approvals, developing products that meet the mandatory national standards, and processing all transactions via the National E-cigarette Transaction Platform when it is implemented.

 

“We will remain committed to providing high-quality products that deliver superior performance and safety in strict compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, while exploring new growth opportunities in the industry.”

 

The content excerpted or reproduced in this article comes from a third-party, and the copyright belongs to the original media and author. If any infringement is found, please contact us to delete it. Any entity or individual wishing to forward the information, please contact the author and refrain from forwarding directly from here.

Reuters Exclusive: FDA’s Fast-Track Review of Nicotine Pouches Slows Over Youth and New-User Concerns
Reuters Exclusive: FDA’s Fast-Track Review of Nicotine Pouches Slows Over Youth and New-User Concerns
Reuters reported on April 1 that several popular nicotine pouch products still have not been cleared for sale in the United States despite a fast-track review pilot run by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Three sources said FDA reviewers have taken a cautious approach because of potential risks to youth and other non-tobacco users, including the possibility of driving nicotine addiction among adults who do not already smoke.
Apr.02 by 2FIRSTS.ai
New Zealand Vape Company Alt Becomes Government Partner After Suing Over Nicotine Limits
New Zealand Vape Company Alt Becomes Government Partner After Suing Over Nicotine Limits
Health NZ signed a NZD 500,000 contract with New Zealand-owned vape company Alt NZ Limited in December 2025 for its free vape kit programme for smokers, with more than 7,000 kits distributed so far.
Mar.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
UK Vape Waste Falls 23% From 2024, but Recycling Group Says Fire Risks Remain High
UK Vape Waste Falls 23% From 2024, but Recycling Group Says Fire Risks Remain High
New research from UK recycling campaign group Material Focus says more than 6.3 million vapes and pods are still thrown away each week in the UK. The figure is down 23% from 8.2 million in 2024, which the group said suggests the June 2025 single-use vape ban has helped reduce waste, but it warned that the current level still represents a major waste of valuable materials and a significant fire risk.
Mar.27 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Belgium Approves Vape Flavor Ban, Allowing Only Tobacco-Flavored and Unflavored Products From September 2028
Belgium Approves Vape Flavor Ban, Allowing Only Tobacco-Flavored and Unflavored Products From September 2028
Belgium’s federal government on Thursday approved a ban on flavored vapes, allowing only tobacco-flavored and unflavored e-cigarettes on the market from September 2028. Health Minister Frank Vandenbroucke said the measure is aimed at protecting the health of children and young people and preventing a new generation from becoming dependent on tobacco.
May.06 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Swedish Politicians Ask European Commission to Clarify Legality of France’s Nicotine Pouch Ban
Swedish Politicians Ask European Commission to Clarify Legality of France’s Nicotine Pouch Ban
France’s ban on oral nicotine pouches has triggered an immediate response in Sweden. Swedish Minister for Foreign Trade Benjamin Dousa said Sweden had mobilized strongly against the ban and argued that it constitutes a clear obstacle to the free movement of goods within the EU single market. Swedish officials say the measure affects a strategically important domestic industry and conflicts with Sweden’s harm-reduction approach to public health.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Exclusive | China Starts Mandatory National Standards Process for Heated Cigarettes and Nicotine Pouches
Exclusive | China Starts Mandatory National Standards Process for Heated Cigarettes and Nicotine Pouches
China has launched mandatory national standards work for heated cigarettes and nicotine pouches, further formalizing regulation of both categories. The move may help lay groundwork for future market entry, but does not signal imminent domestic commercialization.
Apr.15