Italian Police Seize Illegal E-Cigarettes at Vaping Expo

Regulations by 2FIRSTS.ai
Dec.04.2023
Italian Police Seize Illegal E-Cigarettes at Vaping Expo
Italian police have seized over 800 illegal disposable e-cigarettes and e-liquids at the "Vaping Expo" held in Padova.

According to a report by Italian media outlet Padovaoggi, the Italian police conducted an inspection of the e-cigarette exhibition, known as "Vaping Expo," held at the Padova Exhibition Center in Italy from November 25th to November 26th.

 

During the inspection, the Italian police seized over 800 illegally imported disposable e-cigarettes and related e-liquids. The case involves four e-cigarette industry professionals, including three Chinese nationals and one British citizen.

 

Reportedly, these businessmen were showcasing disposable e-cigarettes at their booths without the corresponding compliance markings, and as a result, they will face administrative penalties.

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

UK Tobacco and Vapes Bill Receives Royal Assent, Banning Tobacco Sales to People Born After 2008
UK Tobacco and Vapes Bill Receives Royal Assent, Banning Tobacco Sales to People Born After 2008
The UK government announced on April 29 that the Tobacco and Vapes Bill had received Royal Assent and become law. Under the new law, it is illegal to sell tobacco to anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 2009. The government said the law creates the UK’s first “smoke-free generation” and includes measures to ban the advertising and sponsorship of vapes and nicotine products, as well as powers to restrict packaging, branding and displays designed to appeal to children.
Apr.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris Ukraine Says It Will Invest Another USD 10.00 Million in ZYN Nicotine Pouches This Year
Philip Morris said that after investing USD 5.00 million last year to promote its ZYN nicotine pouch brand in Ukraine, it plans to invest another USD 10.00 million this year to develop the nicotine pouch category and launch a new ZYN line.
Apr.08 by 2FIRSTS.ai
CBP and FDA Seize 18 Million Illegal Vapes Worth $175 Million in Maritime Cargo Operation
CBP and FDA Seize 18 Million Illegal Vapes Worth $175 Million in Maritime Cargo Operation
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced that more than 18 million illegal e-cigarettes valued at over $175 million were seized during “Operation Red Mist,” a joint enforcement initiative involving the U.S. Coast Guard and the FDA. The operation primarily targeted maritime vape shipments originating from China and focused on combating illicit importation, transportation, and distribution activities.
Regulations
May.14
American Snuff Expands Manufacturing Hiring as Reynolds American Builds Future-Ready Operations
American Snuff Expands Manufacturing Hiring as Reynolds American Builds Future-Ready Operations
Reynolds American said American Snuff Company will add more than 50 manufacturing roles at its Clarksville, Tennessee facility as part of its wider U.S. manufacturing investment plan. The company said the hiring is one of the latest developments under its plan to invest more than USD 3.2 billion across U.S. operations by 2030.
Mar.27 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Commissioner Marty Makary Resigns After Opposing Trump Administration’s Flavored Vape Push
FDA Commissioner Marty Makary Resigns After Opposing Trump Administration’s Flavored Vape Push
FDA Commissioner Marty Makary resigned on May 12 after opposing the Trump administration’s push to authorize fruit-flavored vaping products, according to reporting by The New York Times. Makary reportedly objected over concerns that flavored vapes could attract young people and refused to support broader approvals.
News
May.13
 NYT: Reynolds American Donated $5 Million Before FDA Vape Policy Shift
NYT: Reynolds American Donated $5 Million Before FDA Vape Policy Shift
According to The New York Times, Reynolds American donated $5 million to a Trump-backed super PAC shortly before the FDA introduced a new policy that could benefit major tobacco companies seeking to sell flavored vaping products.
News
May.21