Plan to Make Wales Smoke-Free by 2030

Aug.30.2022
Plan to Make Wales Smoke-Free by 2030
Wales plans to become a smoke-free country within eight years by implementing anti-smoking programs and cracking down on illegal tobacco sales.

According to reports, the Welsh government has recently formulated a plan to make Wales a smoke-free country in the next eight years.


The established goal of this plan is to have no more than 5% of adult population in Wales actively smoking by 2030. The plan includes implementing smoking cessation programs, exploring the use of e-cigarettes as a means of quitting smoking, and increasing efforts to combat the illegal tobacco market in Wales.


This article contains excerpts or reprints from third-party sources. The copyright belongs to the original media and author. If there is any infringement, please contact us for deletion. Any organization or individual who wishes to reprint must contact the author and should not directly reprint without permission.


This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

Argentina’s New Nicotine Rules Draw Cautious Optimism and Market Concerns, Local Tobacco Harm Reduction Advocate Says
Argentina’s New Nicotine Rules Draw Cautious Optimism and Market Concerns, Local Tobacco Harm Reduction Advocate Says
Argentina’s new tobacco and nicotine framework marks a shift from prohibition toward registration, traceability and health surveillance. Argentine THR advocate Juan Facundo Teme told 2Firsts that adult consumers and parts of the local commercial sector are cautiously optimistic, but concerns remain over flavor limits, registration costs and market access. The policy’s implementation may determine whether Argentina can move informal sales into regulated channels.
May.11
BAT Appoints Constantinescu as CFO,He Previously Spent 16 Years at the Company
BAT Appoints Constantinescu as CFO,He Previously Spent 16 Years at the Company
BAT has appointed Dragos Constantinescu as chief financial officer. Constantinescu, currently head of Asahi Europe & International, will join the company on September 1 and replace Javed Iqbal, who has served as interim finance chief since August last year
Apr.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Imperial Tobacco Canada Responds to Anti-Smoking Groups on Youth Vaping
Imperial Tobacco Canada Responds to Anti-Smoking Groups on Youth Vaping
Imperial Tobacco Canada responded to the April 17 press conference by anti-smoking groups by calling for a more focused, fact-based discussion on youth vaping that targets the illicit market. The company said youth should not be using nicotine products and that it supports strong measures to prevent youth access, but argued that the discussion failed to clearly distinguish between the regulated market and the illicit market that is driving youth access.
Apr.22 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Russian Duma Speaker Says Amendment Giving Regions Power to Ban Vape Sales Is Planned for Adoption in May
Russian Duma Speaker Says Amendment Giving Regions Power to Ban Vape Sales Is Planned for Adoption in May
Russian State Duma Speaker Vyacheslav Volodin said an amendment that would give Russian regions the power to ban vape sales is planned for adoption in May. Volodin said the decision concerns the health of citizens, especially children. He also said doctors have recorded a 30% increase in patients with respiratory diseases caused or aggravated by vape use, with adolescents and people under 35 most often affected.
Apr.24 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Brazilian Research Institutions Prepare Joint Recommendations on Electronic Smoking Device Studies
Brazilian Research Institutions Prepare Joint Recommendations on Electronic Smoking Device Studies
Brazil’s National Cancer Institute, the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, and other research institutions are preparing a joint letter with recommendations and guidance for studies on electronic smoking devices, including e-cigarettes, vapes, and similar products. The guidelines were discussed on April 14 and 15 at the seminar “Building a Priority Research Agenda on Electronic Smoking Devices for Brazil” in Rio de Janeiro.
Apr.16 by 2FIRSTS.ai
 RFK Jr. Spokesman Resigns Over FDA Authorization of Fruit-Flavored Vapes
RFK Jr. Spokesman Resigns Over FDA Authorization of Fruit-Flavored Vapes
Richard Danker, a senior public affairs official in Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s team, resigned from his role at HHS over the FDA’s recent authorization of fruit-flavored vaping products. In a resignation letter addressed to President Donald Trump, Danker argued that the products could expose minors to nicotine addiction, lung damage, and increased cancer risks, while also conflicting with recent HHS guidance on youth risks associated with flavored nicotine products.
News
May.15