E-cigarette Company in New Brunswick Faces Legal Battle

Regulations by 2FIRSTS.ai
Apr.24.2024
E-cigarette Company in New Brunswick Faces Legal Battle
A Canadian e-cigarette company in New Brunswick due to face legal action for violating tobacco laws.

According to a report from Tj.news on April 23rd, an e-cigarette company in New Brunswick, Canada will be defending itself next month against violations of the province's Tobacco and E-cigarette Sales Act.

 

The company was accused in November of selling or providing flavor products for e-cigarettes on June 14. On Tuesday (23rd), the company's lawyer, Wanda Severns, requested another adjournment in the Moncton Court. She told the court that she hoped to have more time to continue discussing a solution with the Crown Office.

 

The prosecutor agreed to adjourn the court session, but noted that the case has been pending in the court for some time.

 

The company plans to file a defense with the court on May 1st.

 

Another e-cigarette company located in Sackville, which had been facing similar accusations, had initially pleaded not guilty and was scheduled for trial on April 10. However, the shop owner eventually admitted to the charge of selling flavored e-cigarettes and was fined $288.

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

BAT Japan to launch two new VELO nicotine pouch flavours in February
BAT Japan to launch two new VELO nicotine pouch flavours in February
BAT Japan will roll out two new VELO nicotine pouch variants from Feb. 2, 2026: Smooth Peppermint Medium and Breezy Mango Intense. The products will be sold via the official glo & VELO online store, the glo Store Ginza and nationwide tobacco retail channels in Japan.
Jan.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
PMI says it submitted evidence to FDA panel backing ZYN bid for modified-risk status
PMI says it submitted evidence to FDA panel backing ZYN bid for modified-risk status
Philip Morris International said it presented scientific evidence to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee to support its ZYN nicotine pouches seeking a modified risk tobacco product designation, which would allow the company to communicate to adult smokers that switching completely to ZYN could reduce the risk of multiple smoking-related diseases.
Jan.26 by 2FIRSTS.ai
South Korea’s appeal court again sides with KT&G, Philip Morris Korea and BAT Korea in $36.24 million case
South Korea’s appeal court again sides with KT&G, Philip Morris Korea and BAT Korea in $36.24 million case
South Korea’s National Health Insurance Service (NHIS) has again lost on appeal in its damages lawsuit against KT&G, Philip Morris Korea and BAT Korea, seeking ₩53.3 billion (about $36.244 million).
Jan.15 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Heated tobacco brand DIITO launches in Mongolia
Heated tobacco brand DIITO launches in Mongolia
A new heat-not-burn (HNB) brand, DIITO, has commenced promotional activities in the Mongolian market. The device features an integrated display panel and supports dual heating modes, "RELAX" and "RUSH." Investigations reveal that DIITO’s local promotion closely overlaps with RELX’s official distribution channels. Furthermore, the DIITO trademark is held by the UK-based REAZEN TECH LIMITED, a company that also manages the e-cigarette brand FASTA.
Jan.16 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Russia dismantles illegal vape liquid plant near Moscow; goods worth about $13 million seized
Russia dismantles illegal vape liquid plant near Moscow; goods worth about $13 million seized
Russian authorities say they have dismantled an illegal vape-liquid production site in the Moscow region, seizing four production lines, large quantities of components and finished goods, and substantial cash. The Interior Ministry estimated the seized products’ value at about 1 billion rubles (≈$13 million) and said the operation ran around the clock, producing up to 75,000 units per shift.
Feb.10 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Russia to Start Extrajudicial Blocking of Sites Selling Tobacco and Nicotine Products Online From March 1
Russia to Start Extrajudicial Blocking of Sites Selling Tobacco and Nicotine Products Online From March 1
Russia will introduce an extrajudicial (non-court) blocking mechanism starting March 1, 2026, allowing authorities to block websites selling tobacco and nicotine-containing products online without a court order. State Duma member Anton Nemkin said the change will place offending sites directly onto the prohibited information registry, speeding up enforcement, reducing the court burden, and increasing platform obligations to proactively monitor content.
Jan.29 by 2FIRSTS.ai