Imperial Brands Initiates £1 Billion Stock Buyback Program

Business by 2FIRSTS.ai
Mar.12.2024
Imperial Brands Initiates £1 Billion Stock Buyback Program
Imperial Brands launches second phase of £1 billion buyback plan, aiming to repurchase remaining shares by October.

According to Alliance News, Imperial Brands has initiated the second phase of its £1 billion share buyback program. The company stated that in addition to the £5.5 billion buyback already completed, it will repurchase up to £5.5 billion of shares before the end of October.


In October 2023, Empire Brand Corporation announced its first stock buyback due to the increasing demand for e-cigarettes. However, this decision was made amidst the government's plans to impose taxes on e-cigarettes and increase tobacco taxes starting in October 2026.


Competitor British American Tobacco launched a £2 billion share buyback plan in February 2022, but decided not to continue it last year.


We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Guernsey Rejects Petition to Overturn Under-18 Vape Shop Ban
Guernsey Rejects Petition to Overturn Under-18 Vape Shop Ban
A petition seeking to overturn a new ban on under-18s entering vape shops in Guernsey has been rejected. The Health and Social Care Committee said the measure meets its objective of protecting children from exposure to vaping products.
Mar.23 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Russian Vape Industry Proposes State Monopoly on E-Liquid Production as Alternative to Ban
Russian Vape Industry Proposes State Monopoly on E-Liquid Production as Alternative to Ban
Russian business groups are trying to persuade the authorities to abandon plans to ban the sale of e-cigarettes and related liquids at both the federal and regional levels.
Apr.03 by 2FIRSTS.ai
French Anti-Tobacco Group Contre-Feu Calls for Plain Packaging Across All Vaping Products
French Anti-Tobacco Group Contre-Feu Calls for Plain Packaging Across All Vaping Products
French anti-tobacco group Contre-Feu said in a statement released on April 14 that e-cigarette manufacturers are encouraging nicotine dependence among young people through targeted marketing and called for concrete measures to protect minors. The group asked for plain packaging for all vaping products, strict regulation of flavor names, and a ban on online sales.
Apr.15 by 2FIRSTS.ai
KT&G Aims to Accelerate Launch of New Heated Tobacco Innovation Platform
KT&G Aims to Accelerate Launch of New Heated Tobacco Innovation Platform
KT&G Chief Executive Officer Bang Kyung-man said at the annual shareholders meeting on March 26 that although the company expects a challenging environment marked by stronger protectionism and a high exchange rate, it will continue on a stable growth path through strategic choice and focus.
Mar.26 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Opens Public Comment Period on Draft Guidance for Flavored E-Cigarette Applications
FDA Opens Public Comment Period on Draft Guidance for Flavored E-Cigarette Applications
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Tobacco Products announced an open public comment period for a draft guidance titled Flavored Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) Premarket Applications – Considerations Related to Youth Risk.
Apr.09 by 2FIRSTS.ai
FDA Tobacco Center Pushes Review-Efficiency Statement After Commissioner’s Exit
FDA Tobacco Center Pushes Review-Efficiency Statement After Commissioner’s Exit
FDA CTP issued a May 7 statement on accelerating product review and improving PMTA efficiency, but did not push it via official X and newsletter until May 13, one day after FDA Commissioner Marty Makary’s resignation was confirmed. FDA has not explained the delay, and no public evidence links it directly to the leadership change. The timing is notable given CTP’s usual 24-hour distribution practice.
Special Report
May.14