New Zealand Implements Measures to Disposables

Regulations by Alice Wang
Jun.12.2023
New Zealand Implements Measures to Disposables
New Zealand introduces measures to limit youth vaping, including sales restrictions and banning certain disposable e-cigarettes.

On June 6th, Reuters reported that the New Zealand government has announced a series of measures to curb youth vaping, including restricting sales near schools and banning certain disposable e-cigarette products, as well as expanding the anti-smoking movement.

 

Although the smoking rate among adults in New Zealand is relatively low, the country has banned smoking for future generations in order to achieve its "smoke-free" goal by 2025.

 

The New Zealand government will start implementing changes in August to restrict the use of electronic cigarettes among young people, despite its hope that these devices can serve as a substitute for smoking. The country's Health Minister, Ayesha Verrall, announced that the restrictions will be phased in over a six-month period.

 

Verrall stated in a declaration:

 

We are creating a future where tobacco products are no longer addictive, appealing, or easily accessible, and the same measures should be taken with electronic cigarettes.

 

From August onwards, all electronic cigarettes sold in New Zealand must have replaceable or detachable batteries, which will limit the availability of portable disposable e-cigarettes favored by young people. Newly established e-cigarette shops must be at least 300 meters away from schools and community facilities. E-cigarettes must have child safety mechanisms, prohibit the use of attractive names such as "cotton candy," and use simple packaging.

 

In a statement, Verral expressed:

 

“We hope to keep e-cigarettes as far away as possible from children and young people.”

 

Reference:

 

New Zealand has introduced measures to limit the use of disposable vaping products in an effort to discourage young people from taking up the habit.

 

This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.

FDA Filing Shows RIF Notices for 229 CTP Employees Were Largely Rescinded
FDA Filing Shows RIF Notices for 229 CTP Employees Were Largely Rescinded
A court declaration signed by FDA official Melanie M. Keller on March 24, 2026 detailed the status of previously issued reduction-in-force notices affecting employees at the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP).
Apr.01 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Philip Morris Says Its Smoke-Free Transition in Spain Now Has Economic Impact Above EUR 3.3 Billion
Philip Morris Says Its Smoke-Free Transition in Spain Now Has Economic Impact Above EUR 3.3 Billion
Philip Morris said it is accelerating its transition toward smoke-free products in Spain and claimed that the related economic impact now exceeds EUR 3.3 billion. Philip Morris also said that more than 90% of nicotine consumption in Spain still comes from conventional cigarettes, leaving room for growth in smoke-free categories, while regulation and taxation remain major obstacles in its view.
Apr.21 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Brazil’s Teen E-Cigarette Experimentation Rate Rises to 29.6% Over Five Years
Brazil’s Teen E-Cigarette Experimentation Rate Rises to 29.6% Over Five Years
Brazil’s National School Health Survey (PeNSE) 2024 found that e-cigarette experimentation among students aged 13 to 17 rose from 16.8% in 2019 to 29.6% in 2024, while use in the previous 30 days increased from 8.6% to 26.3%. Over the same period, conventional cigarette experimentation fell from 22.6% to 18.5%, and hookah use declined from 26.9% to 16.4%.
Mar.26 by 2FIRSTS.ai
KT&G Launches Two New lil AIBLE Dedicated Sticks as Aim Portfolio Expands to 13
KT&G Launches Two New lil AIBLE Dedicated Sticks as Aim Portfolio Expands to 13
KT&G said on April 20 that it has launched two new “AIIM” sticks for its lil AIBLE heated tobacco device at convenience stores nationwide in South Korea. The new products are “AIIM CHANGE UP” and “AIIM COOL SHOT.” The company said the products were developed based on the existing lil SOLID dedicated sticks “Fiit Change Up” and “Fiit Cool Shot.” With the launch, the Aim lineup for lil AIBLE has expanded to 13 products.
Apr.20 by 2FIRSTS.ai
KT&G to Cancel All 10.87 Million Treasury Shares on April 23
KT&G to Cancel All 10.87 Million Treasury Shares on April 23
KT&G disclosed on April 16 that it will cancel all 10.87 million treasury shares it currently holds, with the planned cancellation amounting to about KRW 1.85 trillion,(USD 1.26 billion). The cancellation date is scheduled for April 23.
Apr.17 by 2FIRSTS.ai
BAT Rothmans Upgrades neo™ Boost for glo™ HYPER Series
BAT Rothmans Upgrades neo™ Boost for glo™ HYPER Series
BAT Rothmans said on April 13 that its heated tobacco brand glo™ will launch an upgraded version of neo™ Boost, the dedicated stick for the HYPER series. The company said the refresh focuses on strengthening freshness and cooling sensations to improve the overall user experience.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai