Potential Risks of Long-Term E-Cigarette Use

Potential Risks of Long-Term E-Cigarette Use
Studies on the potential dangers of long-term e-cigarette use vary, with some suggesting a 5% risk of potential harm.

Some studies have not quantified the potential risks of long-term use of electronic cigarettes. Others believe that while the dangers of e-cigarettes are 95% lower than traditional cigarettes, the remaining 5% represents a conservative estimate of potential risks from flavorings and ingredients over the long term. Some still insist that it is not possible to draw definitive conclusions today. According to one study, most tested models showed low levels of toxicity, and therefore do not pose a danger to users.

However, the author explains that this is not a reliable measure as the number of models and amounts of e-liquid in the market continue to increase without testing [4]. Ultimately, for the World Health Organization, the toxicity of e-cigarettes may be lower than tobacco, but according to them, there is no evidence to suggest the effectiveness of e-cigarettes in quitting smoking [5]. The view that conflicts with the Cochrane organization's point of view is that e-cigarettes are almost twice as effective as other nicotine replacement products (patches, gum, etc.) in quitting smoking.

In the end, the results from these different studies may vary and have different interpretations, but almost all the research agrees on one point: the current results are encouraging.

2FIRSTS will continue to report on this topic, with further updates available on the "2FIRSTS APP". Scan the QR code below to download the app.

This document has been generated through artificial intelligence translation and is provided solely for the purposes of industry discourse and learning. Please note that the intellectual property rights of the content belong to the original media source or author. Owing to certain limitations in the translation process, there may be discrepancies between the translated text and the original content. We recommend referring to the original source for complete accuracy. In case of any inaccuracies, we invite you to reach out to us with corrections. If you believe any content has infringed upon your rights, please contact us immediately for its removal.