Thailand Authorities Raid E-Cigarette Store, Seize $13,000 Worth of Products

Regulations by 2FIRSTS.ai
Mar.22.2024
Thailand Authorities Raid E-Cigarette Store, Seize $13,000 Worth of Products
Thailand authorities seize over $13,000 worth of illegal e-cigarettes in coordinated raid, leading to shop owner's prosecution.

According to a report from Thai media channel CH7 on March 22, the Office of Consumer Protection Board (OCPB) in Thailand, in conjunction with local police, conducted a raid on a large e-cigarette store and confiscated e-cigarettes worth over 5 million Thai baht (approximately $13.7 thousand USD).

 

The deputy director of the committee, Lertsak Raktham, has ordered a nationwide search after more than 10,000 illegal e-cigarettes, valued at over 5 million Thai baht (13.7 thousand US dollars), were found at an e-cigarette store in Chumphon province today (March 22nd).

 

Currently, the shop owner involved in the case has been charged.

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

BAT New Zealand Says Illicit Tobacco Trade Drove Nearly 29% Revenue Decline in 2025
BAT New Zealand Says Illicit Tobacco Trade Drove Nearly 29% Revenue Decline in 2025
British American Tobacco New Zealand said the illicit tobacco trade is responsible for its profit halving and revenue falling between the 2024 and 2025 financial years. Financial results filed with the Companies Office show that BAT Holdings (New Zealand) recorded 2025 revenue of NZ$180.7 million, or about US$106.95 million based on the European Central Bank’s April 27, 2026 reference rates, down from NZ$254 million, or about US$150.33 million, in 2024.
Apr.28 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Ukrainian Prosecutors and Economic Security Bureau Dismantle Illegal Vape Liquid Network Worth About UAH 30 Million
Ukrainian Prosecutors and Economic Security Bureau Dismantle Illegal Vape Liquid Network Worth About UAH 30 Million
Ukraine’s Office of the Prosecutor General and the Bureau of Economic Security said they uncovered an illegal production and sales scheme for e-cigarette liquids that had been operating in Ukraine since 2023.
Apr.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
U.S. Senator Durbin Criticizes FDA’s First Flavored Vape Authorization, Says Trump Administration Conceded to Big Tobacco
U.S. Senator Durbin Criticizes FDA’s First Flavored Vape Authorization, Says Trump Administration Conceded to Big Tobacco
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin on May 13 criticized the Trump Administration’s Food and Drug Administration for approving the sale and marketing of fruit-flavored e-cigarettes for the first time, while also allowing some illegal vaping products to remain on the market. He also linked the regulatory shift to the departure of FDA Commissioner Marty Makary, saying White House pressure on regulators to approve tobacco product applications could create serious public-health consequences.
Regulations
May.15
KT&G to Cancel All 10.87 Million Treasury Shares on April 23
KT&G to Cancel All 10.87 Million Treasury Shares on April 23
KT&G disclosed on April 16 that it will cancel all 10.87 million treasury shares it currently holds, with the planned cancellation amounting to about KRW 1.85 trillion,(USD 1.26 billion). The cancellation date is scheduled for April 23.
Apr.17 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Malaysian Court Rules Liquid Nicotine Exemption Irrational, Renewing Vape Regulation Debate
Malaysian Court Rules Liquid Nicotine Exemption Irrational, Renewing Vape Regulation Debate
Malaysia’s High Court ruled that the government’s earlier decision to remove liquid nicotine from the country’s Poisons List was “irrational,” reigniting debate over vape regulation, illicit trade, and youth protection.
Regulations
May.18
Altria and Juul Ask Court to Pause Antitrust Case Pending Ninth Circuit Review
Altria and Juul Ask Court to Pause Antitrust Case Pending Ninth Circuit Review
Altria and Juul are asking a California federal court to pause an antitrust case while they appeal a class certification ruling to the Ninth Circuit. The case alleges that Altria’s 2018 investment in Juul, a $12.8 billion deal for a 35% stake.
May.07 by 2FIRSTS.ai