PMI Q3: Smokeless products account for 38% of net sales, says The Times

Oct.28.2024
PMI Q3: Smokeless products account for 38% of net sales, says The Times
PMI's third-quarter financial report revealed $9.91 billion in revenue, up 8.4% year-on-year, with smoke-free products driving growth.

On October 27th, 2Firsts noticed that the British newspaper "The Times" published an advertisement for the third quarter financial report of Philip Morris International (PMI).

 

PMI Q3: Smokeless products account for 38% of net sales, says The Times
The PMI financial report published in The Times | Image source: 2Firsts

 

Previously, PMI released its financial report for the third quarter of 2024 on October 22. The report showed that the third quarter revenue was $9.91 billion, an increase of 8.4% year-over-year. In this quarter, the smoke-free business accounted for 38% of PMI's total net income and 40% of gross profit, increasing by 1.9% and 2.2% compared to the third quarter of last year, respectively. The quarterly shipments of smoke-free products reached nearly 40 billion units in 92 markets globally, with a total of 36.5 million users.

 

We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

UK Disposable Vape Ban Fallout: Convenience Vape Units Down 20.8%, Retailers Hit by a “Triple Whammy,” Talysis Says
UK Disposable Vape Ban Fallout: Convenience Vape Units Down 20.8%, Retailers Hit by a “Triple Whammy,” Talysis Says
UK convenience insight agency Talysis says vape unit sales in convenience stores have fallen 20.8% and value sales 12.7% nearly eight months after the disposable vape ban took effect.
Jan.28 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine: counterfeit nicotine mixes and e-cigarette e-liquids seized, valued at over US$276,000
Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine: counterfeit nicotine mixes and e-cigarette e-liquids seized, valued at over US$276,000
According to UNN, law enforcement in Ukraine’s Khmelnytskyi region disrupted a group accused of selling illegally produced nicotine-containing mixtures and e-cigarette e-liquids without licenses or permits. The Prosecutor General’s Office said the overall value of the seized items exceeds UAH 12 million (about US$276,000). Motions were filed to arrest the seized property, and decisions are pending on necessary forensic examinations. (FX used: 1 UAH = US$0.023, as provided by the user.)
Jan.14 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Cambodia: Phnom Penh authorities seize 2,000+ vape devices and arrest two alleged distributors
Cambodia: Phnom Penh authorities seize 2,000+ vape devices and arrest two alleged distributors
Kiripost reports that authorities seized more than 2,000 electronic smoking devices and arrested two alleged distributors in Phnom Penh’s Toul Kork district, prompting health advocates to warn that inconsistent enforcement is undermining Cambodia’s crackdown on illegal e-cigarettes and shisha.
Jan.13 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Product | Compatible with 3ml/2ml Pods and Up to 45W Output: RELX Launches a New Open-System E-Cigarette on Its Indonesia Website
Product | Compatible with 3ml/2ml Pods and Up to 45W Output: RELX Launches a New Open-System E-Cigarette on Its Indonesia Website
RELX has launched the open-system RELX Prime Pro on its Indonesia website and has also rolled it out across multiple local e-commerce channels. According to publicly available product pages, the device is rated at up to 45W, features a 1350mAh battery, and is compatible with 3ml and 2ml pod capacities.
Dec.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai
U.S. FDA posts TPSAC meeting materials ahead of discussion on ZYN MRTP applications
U.S. FDA posts TPSAC meeting materials ahead of discussion on ZYN MRTP applications
On January 20, 2026, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) posted meeting materials ahead of a virtual Tobacco Products Scientific Advisory Committee (TPSAC) meeting scheduled for January 22, 2026, to discuss modified risk tobacco product (MRTP) applications submitted by Swedish Match USA, Inc. for 20 ZYN nicotine pouch products.
Jan.21 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Russia’s Volgograd Police Seize Illicit Nicotine Products Worth Over US$42.9K+
Russia’s Volgograd Police Seize Illicit Nicotine Products Worth Over US$42.9K+
Police in Russia’s Volgograd region say they seized nicotine products lacking mandatory markings valued at more than RUB 3.3 million (about US$42,900+, using RUB 1 = US$0.013). A 43-year-old suspect allegedly stored and sold the products through two retail outlets in Volgograd’s Central and Dzerzhinsky districts. A criminal case has been opened under Article 171.1(6) of the Russian Criminal Code.
Jan.30 by 2FIRSTS.ai