Turkish Police Bust Major Smuggling Operation, Seize 2,437 E-Cigarettes

Oct.12.2024
Turkish Police Bust Major Smuggling Operation, Seize 2,437 E-Cigarettes
Turkish police seize 2,437 e-cigarettes in a large-scale smuggling operation in Istanbul, with 23 suspects detained.

According to a report from Haberport on October 12, Istanbul police seized 2,437 e-cigarettes in a large-scale smuggling operation. The operation took place simultaneously at multiple locations in the city, resulting in the detention of 23 suspects.


This operation was carried out by the Anti-Smuggling Department of the Istanbul Police Department in collaboration with the Turkish Police Headquarters and several other units. During the operation, the police identified suspects selling e-cigarettes through social media and the internet, and simultaneously raided 31 addresses across Istanbul. The investigation results revealed that these locations, along with the individuals involved, formed a significant smuggling network.


The suspect who was detained has been released after completing the relevant interrogation procedures.


We welcome news tips, article submissions, interview requests, or comments on this piece.

Please contact us at info@2firsts.com, or reach out to Alan Zhao, CEO of 2Firsts, on LinkedIn


Notice

1.  This article is intended solely for professional research purposes related to industry, technology, and policy. Any references to brands or products are made purely for objective description and do not constitute any form of endorsement, recommendation, or promotion by 2Firsts.

2.  The use of nicotine-containing products — including, but not limited to, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, nicotine pouchand heated tobacco products — carries significant health risks. Users are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in their respective jurisdictions.

3.  This article is not intended to serve as the basis for any investment decisions or financial advice. 2Firsts assumes no direct or indirect liability for any inaccuracies or errors in the content.

4.  Access to this article is strictly prohibited for individuals below the legal age in their jurisdiction.

 

Copyright

 

This article is either an original work created by 2Firsts or a reproduction from third-party sources with proper attribution. All copyrights and usage rights belong to 2Firsts or the original content provider. Unauthorized reproduction, distribution, or any other form of unauthorized use by any individual or organization is strictly prohibited. Violators will be held legally accountable.

For copyright-related inquiries, please contact: info@2firsts.com

 

AI Assistance Disclaimer

 

This article may have been enhanced using AI tools to improve translation and editorial efficiency. However, due to technical limitations, inaccuracies may occur. Readers are encouraged to refer to the cited sources for the most accurate information.

We welcome any corrections or feedback. Please contact us at: info@2firsts.com

Canada Studies UK-Style “Smoke-Free Generation” Tobacco Ban
Canada Studies UK-Style “Smoke-Free Generation” Tobacco Ban
Canada’s federal health minister, Majorie Michel, said she is looking into legislation that would permanently ban the sale of tobacco products to anyone born after 2008. She said Canada has seen the approach recently proposed in the United Kingdom and is reviewing it with partners. Health Canada previously said the Government of Canada has invested C$66 million annually since 2018 to help Canadians quit smoking and reduce the harms of nicotine addiction.
Apr.29 by 2FIRSTS.ai
U.S. Senator Durbin Criticizes FDA’s First Flavored Vape Authorization, Says Trump Administration Conceded to Big Tobacco
U.S. Senator Durbin Criticizes FDA’s First Flavored Vape Authorization, Says Trump Administration Conceded to Big Tobacco
U.S. Senator Dick Durbin on May 13 criticized the Trump Administration’s Food and Drug Administration for approving the sale and marketing of fruit-flavored e-cigarettes for the first time, while also allowing some illegal vaping products to remain on the market. He also linked the regulatory shift to the departure of FDA Commissioner Marty Makary, saying White House pressure on regulators to approve tobacco product applications could create serious public-health consequences.
Regulations
May.15
Spanish Congress Health Committee Approves Motion to Restrict Vape and Nicotine Pouch Sales to Authorized Channels
Spanish Congress Health Committee Approves Motion to Restrict Vape and Nicotine Pouch Sales to Authorized Channels
Spain’s Congress Health Committee has approved a non-binding motion calling for the sale of vapes, nicotine pouches, and related products to be limited to regulated authorized channels, excluding internet sales and non-specialized stores. The motion was introduced by the Socialist Parliamentary Group and approved after a negotiated text with the Popular Party.
Apr.15 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Moscow Police Seize About 65,000 E-Cigarettes Worth More Than RUB 30 Million
Moscow Police Seize About 65,000 E-Cigarettes Worth More Than RUB 30 Million
Russian Interior Ministry spokesperson Irina Volk said on May 6 that police in Moscow seized about 65,000 nicotine-containing products from a man during searches of residential and warehouse premises. The products were valued at about RUB 30 million, or about USD 395,727 based on an exchange rate of USD 1 = RUB 75.81.
May.11 by 2FIRSTS.ai
State Attorneys General Urge Visa, Mastercard and Others to Stop Processing Illicit E-Cigarette Transactions
State Attorneys General Urge Visa, Mastercard and Others to Stop Processing Illicit E-Cigarette Transactions
Fourteen U.S. state attorneys general sent a joint letter dated April 14, 2026 to Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover, asking them to immediately help stop the sale of illicit e-cigarette products by cutting off payment access.
Apr.17 by 2FIRSTS.ai
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands Pulls myblu Vape Business From U.S., Citing Prolonged FDA Approval Process
Imperial Brands said it will phase out its myblu vaping business in the United States, citing prolonged FDA approval timelines for new vape products. The company said it will instead focus on modern oral nicotine products in the U.S., including the expansion of its Zone brand and new flavors. While overall next-generation product revenue continued to grow, revenue from the category in the Americas declined sharply.
May.12